Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota-L3010

Default Woods BB48 Blade Nuts...

Hello everyone,

It never fails that I do not have the size I need to remove the blades off of my cutter. Can someone please tell me what the size of the nuts are to get the blades off of a Brush Bull 48? I searched for other posts, and someone mentioned a 1-11/16, but I think that was for a different brand. I see in the manual it is talking like they are metric, but the largest I have is a 30mm, and it is larger than that. Rather then take the 15 trips like it normally does I figured I would ask, because one of you guys/gals are bound to know.

Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Default Re: Woods BB48 Blade Nuts...

My TSC KK copy is 1 11/16. Easiest thing to do is email Woods service or support. You'll have the answer is an hour or less I'm sure.
    L2500

Tractor
    Kubota-L3010

Thanks! I will give that a shot.

Tractor
    Kubota-L3010

I ended up calling Woods. I spoke with someone who was real nice, and knowledgeable in the support department. He told me they were 1-5/8. I went and picked one up. I will let everyone know if they were as right, as they were courteous.

Thanks!

Tractor
    Kubota-L3010

Well... I take back the "knowledgeable" part of my previous statement.

RobJ you know more than Woods support. The 1-5/8 that I was told to get is to small. I will return it for a 1-11/16 tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. Thanks! I should have listened to you.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader

maybe its just me but wouldnt it be easier to just measure the nut rather than calling all around to find out, and buying sockets that arnt right, 2 minutes with a caliper or even tape measure would save alot of time and money i think
    Kawasaki Mule 2500,Ford 8000,Caterpillar road grader,gradall g3r excavator,JD210c

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Quote Originally Posted by Elim
    Well... I take back the "knowledgeable" part of my previous statement.

RobJ you know more than Woods support. The 1-5/8 that I was told to get is to small. I will return it for a 1-11/16 tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. Thanks! I should have listened to you.

Ya win some and loose some. I had a feeling they were the same but who knows. I measured mine while at the weekend place, then wanted to doublecheck(1 11/16...did I read that right ). Emailed KK folks and they confirmed. Hated to make a special run AGAIN if it was wrong!! Of course the stupid thing is why the off size? Standard socket sets don't have a 1 11/16 when i checked. I guess like you said it might be a metric thing.

Glad you are fixed up.
    L2500

Tractor
    Kubota-L3010

Thanks for all the help RobJ. I hope I can return the hand someday.

Yes markct I guess a measurement with a caliper would have been ideal, but I do not have one. Reaching up over the blades, or down through the access hole to try get an accurate measurement with a measuring tape would be quite difficult.

As I thought someone here would just know the correct answer off the top of their heads, and making a call to Woods' toll free number is not that difficult. They *should* have given me the correct size on the first go round, but if I only have to make two trips I will be happy.

Thanks again!

Elim,

Do you really have a Woods Brush Bull 48? I thought that all of the BrushBull line had small bolts holding a tab that contains the pivot pin for the blades. I'm not familiar with the 48, and want to get the facts straight!

jb

Tractor
    Kubota-L3010

Hey john_bud,

Yes I am positive. Here is a picture of the outside, and a shot through the access hole to the nut holding the blade on.

The 1-11/16 does fit the nut just fine.

Thanks again for the correct answer RobJ!

Elim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast