Help with repair of Kubota B2650 Blower

/ Help with repair of Kubota B2650 Blower #1  

kupitz

Tractor
B7100HST
I am rebuilding my B2650 blower and ran into a problem.
The gearbox shaft that runs rearward to the drive has a bearing with two bearing plates right where the shaft passes through the housing. This is held with 3 carriage bolts. The parts assembly shows the bolts come through the housing from the inside, then into the inner bearing plate, through the outer plate then the nut. Herein lies the problem;
The housing is roughly 1/8" thick and the square portion of the carriage bolt is only a few thousands longer, I cannot get the squared part of the bolt far enough into the square hole of the inner bearing plate to keep the bolt from spinning and be able to tighten it. Now I know this is how it came apart, and the drawing shows it this way also. I have tried running the bolt through backwards, but the nut is too wide and the chute auger hits it. I have also tried putting the inner bearing plate inside the blower housing, but then there's too much room between the bearing plates.
Anyone have any experience with these and the trick needed to tighten these three bolts???
Any help would be greatly appreciated as my next step is to tack weld the bolt to keep it from spinning.

/ Help with repair of Kubota B2650 Blower #2  
Need TV. Are the carriage bolts clean? No burrs, nothing to hold them away from seating? Are the square holes clean and free of burrs. Can you insert the carriage bolt in and get a good tight fit between the metal around the square hole and the underside of the bolt? It isn't like I would never tack something in a case like this but I'd exhaust a lot of other possibilities first. Is there any way to use any kind of clamp to squeeze everything (including the carriange bolt head) together tightly? Got that TV set up yet? I can't see anything. Pat

/ Help with repair of Kubota B2650 Blower
The holes in the blower body are round and just barely big enough for the square carriage to pass thru. The head of the bolt is flat as can be against the inside, theres only a few thou of the square carriage sticking out and it is rounded at the bottom as all of them are. There are 14 of the same 5/16-18 carriage bolts and 6 identical bearing flanges, I have tried many different combinations of bolts and flanges with no luck.
BTW what are you referring to with the tv?

/ Help with repair of Kubota B2650 Blower
Tried that, haven't been able to find anything to keep it from spinning. I think I might just get regular 5/16 X 3/4 bolts and skip the carriage bolts....I've been at this for a few days and at wits end!

/ Help with repair of Kubota B2650 Blower #7  
Could you use carraige bolts that are longer and tighten nut part way, then hold the threads of bolt with visegrips until you get head of bolt seated, and cut of excess threads with cut off wheel, torch, etc. plowking