Woods RM spindle needed!

/ Woods RM spindle needed! #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
I hit a stump last night and shattered the blade spindle on my Woods RM-59. Anybody have a used take out?

/ Woods RM spindle needed! #2  
I think I would just buy a new one...

4116 Complete Spindle Assembly for Model 59 Mower $119.00

That is just the first of several hits from a search for "Woods rm 59"

Woods Equipment - Replacement Parts, Page

If I had the actual size and dimensions, I would go look at the couple of woods mowers parts that I have, to see if any of them are the right size.
David from jax

/ Woods RM spindle needed!
Yea, I was kinda hoping to avoid that cost. I found a deck on ebay which will make a good parts deck, plus I won't have to ship anything. I'm thinking that'll be the way to go. A RM48 spindle with compatable with my RM59, right?

/ Woods RM spindle needed! #5  
Cord, you can download the parts manuals for both mowers and compare part numbers. Make sure rotation is the same. Some of the 48's were made for bass akwards pto tractors and I found out the hard way.

/ Woods RM spindle needed! #6  
I have an older RM 42 sitting out in the weeds. Don't know if sending it to you would help or not, since your profile doesn't list your state/town. I might be across the street from you, or on the other side of the world.
Shipping could easily push it past the sensible point.
David from jax

Yea, I had all that stuff set up, but lost it when they changed servers. I'm in Wisconsin. This deck on ebay is going to cost me $100 but it's on the way so I won't pay anything for shipping. I'll also get a handful of parts that I could use for some yet unknown future project. I'd kinda rather just buy a spindle and then traded my finish mower for a brush mower. How much would you want for a spindle? To answer your question, I'm in Wisconsin, although we will be headed to Florida around Christmas. Flying so I doubt if the mrs will let me bring a whole deck back.

/ Woods RM spindle needed! #8  
What part of Florida do you land in around Christmas time?
David from jax

St. Pete area. We'll spend most of our time around there, but then we might take a trip somewhere this year. I'm not sure where to though. Proably Orlando.

/ Woods RM spindle needed! #10  
Both are still a ways from me, over two hundred to St Pete, and 140 to the "Mouse's House"
David from jax

Last edited: