Where to get an Ignition Switch

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #1  

idaho04

Bronze Member
Where would I get a new ignition switch for my Ford 1900 tractor?

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #2  
idaho04 said:
Where would I get a new ignition switch for my Ford 1900 tractor?

New Holland (formerly Ford) dealer would be my first stop.

A good auto-electric repair shop should have access to O.E.M. or good generic replacement.

NAPA might be able to get you one.

A GOOD locksmith (that deals with automotive locks/switches) might be able to help, but chances are good they'd want to install it.

Not sure if TISCO carries one for that model or not. If they do, ANY good tractor parts/ dealer (all brands) should be able to help.

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #3  
For the older model ford / NH units from the thousand series.. there were pretty much only a couple different keys/switches.

I'd be VERY surprised if a CNH dealer didn't have a box of them setting on his shelf.

The key to my 1975 ford 5000 and my 2002 NH 7610s are identical.

Soundguy

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #4  
Probably any switch will do. Most all generic switches have the same thing,
turn left for assorries
turn right for "on"
turn right further for crank.

Should work unless there is a special position for glow plugs or something.

Most all have spade fittings, even the older ones. Biggest concern might be the hole in the dash size. Try an autoparts store.

Good Luck

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #5  
I also tink the New Holland dealer will have one. On my 2120 and 1710, it was turn left to heat glow plugs. I had a switch replaced on my 2120 and I think it was about $50.

Andy

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #6  
My kids have lost my keys so often that I switched to a toggle switch.

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #7  
Hmm.. that wouldn't have been my choice.. I think application of a paddle might have come first, followed by other measures.

In any event.. most of the keys are universal dupes.. so a bag of them could be kept on hand.. At very leask, the oem switch, with key in it, and a retaining lanyard with string/wire/beaded chain loop over to the dash.. etc..

just my .02$

Soundguy

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #8  
My switch went bad and I replaced it with a universal one so that all the other peoples tractor keys would not fit it.
Ben

/ Where to get an Ignition Switch #9  
Don't forget boating supply stores. Their versions may be better waterproofed and have the glow plug position as well. Small diesels under 40HP are very popular with the sailboaters.