What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed?

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #21  
Id recommend this charger. ...Its in our price range.... el-cheap. But Ive used about 5 of these year round with good results. If you get one and hook it up be sure to hook up the battery ends first. and there a small light that tells you you have a good connection.
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
Allan

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #22  
Got a broken headlight on the old 8N. My oldest grandson named it one eyed willy. I wouldn't think of fixing the headlight, we'd have to rename the tractor.

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #23  
BTDT said:
Concerning having a nice shiny tractor. Thieves love'em. ..... I think a lot of it is where do you want to spend your time, cleaning or tractoring.

All depends on your situation. I have a one year old tractor. I can't imagine maintaining my property without it, yet it is till more or less a luxury. So at this point, I am always thinking about resale value. If things went south for me financially, the tractor would have to be one of the first things to go. And if you look at used tractor ads, especially CUTs, you know that 'pretty' counts. I think mine has seen soap once, but I rinse the dirt off and make small repairs, even cosmetic ones, as I go.

I'll be the first one to admit that I still like having a shiny new looking tractor....but so do potential buyers. If i knew I was going to keep this thing forever (and I hope to) then I might not bother.

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #24  
Red tractor - one headlight out
Blue tractor - lights don't work at all
Orange tractor - fuel leak and air cleaner bracket - go figure
Green tractor - gas cap broken

mark

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #25  
I busted the toggle off the turn signal switch. My tractor never leaves my rural property so I don't think I'll be replacing that. The ground squirrels, coyotes and deer will just have to live with it.

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #26  
Ironically, my old 1975 ford 5000 looks more shiny and new than my 2002 NH 7610s...

Soundguy

N80 said:
All depends on your situation. I have a one year old tractor. I can't imagine maintaining my property without it, yet it is till more or less a luxury. So at this point, I am always thinking about resale value. If things went south for me financially, the tractor would have to be one of the first things to go. And if you look at used tractor ads, especially CUTs, you know that 'pretty' counts. I think mine has seen soap once, but I rinse the dirt off and make small repairs, even cosmetic ones, as I go.

I'll be the first one to admit that I still like having a shiny new looking tractor....but so do potential buyers. If i knew I was going to keep this thing forever (and I hope to) then I might not bother.

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #27  
This past summer the glow-plug timer went flaky on the TC-40D SS and the instrument cluster light starting winking at me. So, I pulled the timer module since it wasn't needed for summer starting anyway.

I'm now thinking since it's starting to get cooler that it's climbing my need to do list.

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #28  
It’s kind of funny, I am very **** about my stuff, I have an 89 pickup I have had since new an I like the truck and that why I kept it. I fix everything that breaks as soon as it happens. I have a New truck my wife drives and the same rule applies. My dad always wants my old truck because it’s in such nice shape. He would be the last person I would give it to because he fixes nothing. All his trucks die because he Mickey mouse everything to run. Then when it has a catastrophic failure nobody knows how to fix it because so many things have been bypassed it is difficult to figure out what exactly failed. It is difficult to believe he is my sire sometimes. Preventive maintaince is the rule. Bypass something today and next month and then next year pretty soon you have junk

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #29  
I've seen tractor wire harnesses that are more 'bypasses and hacks' than original wireing. makes it sooooo hard to diagnose problems..

Soundguy

/ What broke on your tractor that ain't getting fixed? #30  
Soundguy said:
I've seen tractor wire harnesses that are more 'bypasses and hacks' than original wireing. makes it sooooo hard to diagnose problems..

Soundguy

Ain't THAT the truth! ;)

Funny thing is, sometimes people can actually get a charging system to "work", albiet incorrectly, but some function, with some of the most "creative wiring" ever seen. Then you fix (correctly) ONE WIRE and the whole ball of wax melts in your hands.

I worked on a friends 135 Massey here a while back that had been "field engineered" to get it running and lights working. There must have been 15 "jumpers" hooked up. The alternator was cranking out in excess of 16 volts, yet the battery was going dead. After a few hours of head scratching, I took the wire cutters to EVERYTHING and started fresh.