Fuel Line

/ Fuel Line #1  

Tom_Veatch

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2220D
What's a good material to use for a diesel fuel line? My limited research is pointing to ether formulated polyurethane tubing. Any comments, pro or con? Or recommendations for a different material?

Was replacing the fuel filter and noticed that the fuel line from the tank to the filter housing is looking pretty ratty and cracked. Not leaking, yet, but it wouldn't hurt to replace it before it starts dripping.

/ Fuel Line #2  
If your looking at rubber hose , you can use fuel injection hose , way better than plain old gas hose ( napa etc )

/ Fuel Line #3  
Well if it's "ratty and cracked" looking I'm going to take it's not a steel line. :) You have lot's of options but they all depend on what kind of fuel line you are replacing. Is it a suction hose from the fuel tank to the fuel pump? Is it a medium preasure hose from the fuel pump to the injection pump? Is it a high preasure hose coming out of the injection pump? Depending on which it is will tell you what you can use. Also, does it have fitting's on it? JIC, pipe thread, hydraulic type fitting and if so what degree angle fitting? Fill in the blanks and I'll be happy to point you in the direction of a good replacement hose.

/ Fuel Line #4  
Any autoparts fuel line with hose clamps will work fine for that.

/ Fuel Line
The fuel system is gravity feed on a grey market Yanmar. The hose in question is from the fuel tank to the fuel filter, is attached to barbed fittings with hose clamps, and is some type of rubber or elastomer.

My main concern is to replace with a material that is fuel resistant and flexible. Pressures involved are very low.

/ Fuel Line #6  
Theres a MIL Spec for rubber diesel fuel line but I don't recall the designation. Make sure whatever you go with that it's diesel rated.
My 05 BX23 came from the factory with all rubber fuel line(s) and I just did the 200 hr, all still looked good.
The WSM calls for inspecting it every 100 hrs and replacement if needed every 2 yrs.

Semper Fi
Volfandt

/ Fuel Line #7  
Sounds like you just need some good rubber diesel rated fuel line. Drop by NAPA, they will have what you need. If you want to get fancy you can buy steel braided line to replace it. Cost more but last longer and is more rub resistant.

/ Fuel Line
That's so darned simple, I'm embarrased I didn't think of it. Thanks, Guys. NAPA it will be.

/ Fuel Line #9  
S30R7 is the spec code for diesel rated. Should be stamped/painted on the hose somewhere.