Sea foam?

/ Sea foam? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
It seems I've heard it mentioned here in passing a few times, but I wanted some true opinions of the product called Sea Foam. Does it really "tune up" an engine?

What is it?
What does it do?
Are there other products that are similar?

/ Sea foam? #2  
I also learned about product from TBN (Lawn and Garden) forum. I am on my second can. My B&S 12.5 engine started surging and only wanting to run with choke on. Someone suggested SEAFOAM mixed with gas to de-gum jets and carb. Haven't noticed much change yet.

/ Sea foam? #3  
I have used it in my jet boat and noticed a huge improvement, after the boat sat for almost a year it would run like junk.. Seafoam perked it right back up.

/ Sea foam? #4  
I have never thought much of a product that can be added to your fuel tank and your crankcase. Might not be bad as a fuel additive but do you really want to add a solvent to your motor oil? Not me.

/ Sea foam? #5  
I've used it in my jet ski, lawnmowers, and 2 cycle weedeaters and blowers. I have always been a skeptic about additives, but this stuff really works when you have a fuel problem involving gummed up carbs, injectors, etc.

All I can say is try it and form your own opinion.

/ Sea foam?
Is there any other product out there like it?

I guess what I want to know is if this is just another carb cleaner or if these guys have found some magic cure.

/ Sea foam? #7  
I've used it in a very poor running chain saw, it cleaned things up nice. Without a doubt it saved me a carb tear down, 4 years later and the saw is still running fine. I pour a little seafoam into the tank every spring.

/ Sea foam? #8  
I am a parts distributor and have seen, used, and sold about every product like this coming and going. I use Seafoam as a fuel stabilizer but that's all. I use a product called CPR when I need carb/injector cleaner fuel additive and they claim that it works better than Seafoam.

Of course the Seafoam guys say theirs is better. The truth is that there is no such thing as a miracle in a can but I have seen rough idle situations smoothed out by using an additive.

I'm like dieselpower though in that I would never put a solvent type additive or anything else in my oil.

/ Sea foam? #9  
When my son was last in town from Indiana he set a can of Seafoam on my workbench as he was telling me all the good things the stuff does for your car.

I'm thinking "snake oil" here and the unopened can still sits on the bench unopened. :rolleyes:

/ Sea foam? #10  
sea foam was first made for the marine market so thats were the name came from.it does clean up gummy fuel deposits and fouled sersors to a point,for
$4 or $5 its a lot cheeper than new carbs,injectors,ect