repairs in 3's

/ repairs in 3's #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Seems like stuff is coming in 3's lately.

About 6 weeks back, I noticed that I had a loose transport wheel hub on my batwing mower... got that corrected.. then a week later, I decided to check the hubs on my flatbed.. sure enough.. they were in need of repacking.

I pulled out my lil' 4x8 utility trailer to haul some hay around this weekend for a haloween party, and for the heck of it, kicked a tire on it while parking it.. 'klunk; almost 1/8" play!?! Sure enough.. loose hubs on both sides.

Pop the caps off.. both old cotterpins broke ( same probelm on my mower wheel hub.. broke cotterpin ).

Some grease and 2 new cotterpins an she's back in action... I guess this stuff all just falls intogehter... ( what next? )

Soundguy

/ repairs in 3's #3  
Egon said:
Stop kicking and checking and you'll be fine!:D

Yep, that's the way my B-I-L does it. I think he has had several trailer tires pass him as he is hauling down the highway!:p

/ repairs in 3's
That's the method my wife uses.. I.e. don't look for problems.

That would be ok..except i know people who have had wheels come off!.. and it ain't good what happened after that!

Soundguy

/ repairs in 3's #5  
That's what I meant to say, wheels, not just tires. Lost one on his horse trailer a few months ago. Fortunately it was a tandem wheel trailer and no one got hurt, but the wheel almost hit another car.

/ repairs in 3's
Yep.. i knew you meant wheels.

Soundguy

/ repairs in 3's #8  
Maybe you should buy a better quality cotter pin and not have all these problems. Dusty

/ repairs in 3's
My cotter pins are fine.. whatever junk the manufacturer put on were the issue. The one in my jd mower had been re-used.. that was a no no..but has now been corrected.

Soundguy