hydro filter

/ hydro filter #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
OK, I guess I will start this forum also. My two Ingersoll tractors are hydraulic driven. Not a hydrstac trans like most tractors, but true hydraulic. It uses about 12 qts of 15w40 motor oil instead of hydro fluid. Now here’s my problem. There is no filter in the system. With the dusty envroment it lives in, and with the detachable hydro powered attachments there is a lot of chances to get dirt in there.. I would like to put a filter into the system. Now here’s the big problem, I don’t have a lot of room. The return line is ¾” and runs from the cooler in front, to the tank right behind the motor. This is only about 2.5ft. It is low on the tractor near where the lift rod goes to the front attachments, so size is a big factor. Any ideas? Any sources for a small filter that may work? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

/ hydro filter #2  
For less than $100 you should be able to plumb in a remote oil filter, anywhere you have room, (firewall, frame, etc). I'd opt for the largest filter you can get, a friend of mine put on a remote filter that takes 2 PH8A filter, (~1qrt/filter).

/ hydro filter #3  
A friend of mine has a Case446. I think it's a 1977, he needs a new front axle, his is bent. Any idea of how much they cost ?
If your fuel pump dies you can use a electric one. That is what we did to his.As for that filter ,I don't know. We just changed the hose your talking about,that was fun- there is no room.
Tom

/ hydro filter
<font color=red>We just changed the hose your talking about,that was fun- there is no room</font color=red>

Oh ya, so you know my problem. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Mines not as bad as your friends, mine has a single cyl, but still. Also I will send you a e mail address in a PM of a guy I got some parts off of. He may have what you are looking for.

/ hydro filter #6  
<font color=blue>My two Ingersoll tractors are hydraulic driven. Not a hydrstac trans like most tractors, but true hydraulic. </font color=blue>

Paul, can you explain what you mean by that statement? Does your Ingersoll not have a hydraulic pump?...a hydraulic motor? I'm puzzled at what the difference is. Some manufacturers even call power steering using a hydraulic cylinder "hydrostatic" so I am just assuming it's a general expression that means the power transfer uses liquid instead of a mechanical link or electrical link. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ hydro filter
From what I have seen most hydrostatic trans have the pump, and motor all built in one unit. This has a pump on the motor, and a motor on the transaxle, like a hydro tiller would be.

/ hydro filter #8  
Paul
What is the idle speed for the 16HP onan motor ?
This one idles faster than a regular lawn mower.
Was hoping maybe you new/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ hydro filter #9  
I see what you mean now. Since there is a hydraulic pump on my engine that supplies fluid for the FEL, remotes, and hydraulic lift, I wouldn't call them a hydrostatic transmission either. Sounds reasonable to me.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ hydro filter
Jinman,
But I could be wrong also./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Basically, it has a standard 2 speed transaxle, but instead of a belt, or a drive shaft driving it, it has a hydro motor. I read my earlier post and had NO IDEA what I was talking about. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif