Hmmm, the answer to flat's!

/ Hmmm, the answer to flat's! #1  

DieselPower

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170
Was out on a jobsite today and saw a set of solid cushion tires on a front end loader. Talked to the owner and asked him about them. Said he has used them for a couple of years now and loves them. He does bulding demolition and drives over glass, nails and sharp steel all day. Never get's a flat because there is no air in the tire. He gave me the companies contact info and their web address. Wouldn't ever have to worry about a flat with these thing's.

Soft Ride TY Cushion Solid Tires - TY Tire Specifications

/ Hmmm, the answer to flat's! #3  
I've seen them on skidsteers for a while now, one tire I saw once on a jobsite had a piece of rebar stuck in it all the way through the tire to the rim. They actually had to cut the rebar off so it was flush with the tire.

/ Hmmm, the answer to flat's!
The Michelin Tweel sure looks interesting. Kind of looks like a old time spoked wheel just made with modern technology.

/ Hmmm, the answer to flat's! #5  
Looks like it wouldn't survive any of the potholes on my street.

/ Hmmm, the answer to flat's! #6  
shop equip. at my job always has its pneumatic tires filled with foam after purchase. forklifts, tug etc. all get setup that way.

then we use em till the tire literally comes off. LOL.

seen em use the tug till they went all the way thry the cord of the tire and nuthing was left but the sidewalls.

/ Hmmm, the answer to flat's! #7  
i dont know about the particular tires you talk about, but i know the tires on the loader at our transfer station are foam filled and ride pretty well, its on a flat surface so its just the junk on the floor and a few large cracks that make it bumpy anyhow, but you get into the spare loader which is older has the solid rubber tires on it like you see on alot of demolition and trash handling loaders, and with those every little bump ya feel. the foam filled tires, you can drive over a 2X4 laying flat and not hardly notice it, the solid rubber tires and you realy get a jarring. now i dont know what size loader it was you saw, but i am talking about a cat 936 and a JD544 with the full trash package on it