Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

Default Broken In Half -- Fixed!!!

Well, for a variety of reasons (including nearly a solid month of rain), I haven't seen my tractor in about a month and a half. So when, at the request of my son, I was called in to oversee the repair of a tractor that was completely broken in half, I jumped at the opportunity.

I told them I had no experience whatsoever with <font color=green>green</font color=green> tractors, but it was easy enough to figure out what to do. The repair went smoothly and I had it back together in record time and at minimal cost. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif[/img]

As the owner (who seemed somehow familiar to me) drove it away, I was appalled to see him riding a small child in a most precarious position on the machine. He's the kind of guy who seemed like he should know better, but I guess you never know.

Before and after pictures attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: Broken In Half -- Fixed!!!

Very Well Done! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Next thing we know, you'll be competin' with KubMech.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    EarthForce EF-5 mini-TLB (2001)

Well, if I ever break mine in half, I'll know who to call. Assuming I also want it painted at the same time.

Um, this isn't going to be the beginning of another glue thread, is it? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Ah, did someone bring up painting a tractor? [img]/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Harv,
    You do indeed need some seat time,and your K I'm sure misses you.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1998 New Holland 1920

Now this I got a chuckle out of! I was going to ask how the heck you break a tractor in half but I know my four year old could show me multiple ways now!

Todd in Placerville

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

You remove the bolts. I have to break my Allis B to change the ring gear, isn't much to that tractor so it is quite easy.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Hey, I hear that "guy" has gone into hiding and we won't be able to locate him until next year around December when he can be found in almost any shopping mall. When I see him, I'll be sure to give him a stern safety lecture.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

<font color=blue>how the heck you break a tractor in half</font color=blue>

Apparently it really happens, Todd. Take a look at the or <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=ag&amp;Number=3623& amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1#Post36 23>Busted Tractor threads, or messages like <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=buykubota&amp;Numbe r=79871&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc= 1#Post79871>this one</A> from Mark Chalkley.

<font color=blue>my four year old could show me multiple ways</font color=blue>

What a coincidence -- it was my four year old son who brought it to me and said, "Daddy, it broke all by itself."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast