Broken In Half -- Fixed!!!

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Well, for a variety of reasons (including nearly a solid month of rain), I haven't seen my tractor in about a month and a half.
cry.gif
So when, at the request of my son, I was called in to oversee the repair of a tractor that was completely broken in half, I jumped at the opportunity.

I told them I had no experience whatsoever with <font color=green>green</font color=green> tractors, but it was easy enough to figure out what to do. The repair went smoothly and I had it back together in record time and at minimal cost. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

As the owner (who seemed somehow familiar to me) drove it away, I was appalled to see him riding a small child in a most precarious position on the machine. He's the kind of guy who seemed like he should know better, but I guess you never know.
frown.gif

Before and after pictures attached.

Attachments

• 48-97008-TractorRepair.jpg
    48-97008-TractorRepair.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 506
   / Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #2  
Very Well Done! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #3  
Next thing we know, you'll be competin' with KubMech./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #4  
Well, if I ever break mine in half, I'll know who to call. Assuming I also want it painted at the same time.

Um, this isn't going to be the beginning of another glue thread, is it? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #5  
Ah, did someone bring up painting a tractor? /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #6  
Harv,
You do indeed need some seat time,and your K I'm sure misses you.

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #7  
Now this I got a chuckle out of! I was going to ask how the heck you break a tractor in half but I know my four year old could show me multiple ways now!

Todd in Placerville

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #8  
You remove the bolts. I have to break my Allis B to change the ring gear, isn't much to that tractor so it is quite easy.

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!! #9  
Hey, I hear that "guy" has gone into hiding and we won't be able to locate him until next year around December when he can be found in almost any shopping mall. When I see him, I'll be sure to give him a stern safety lecture./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Broken In Half -- Fixed!!!
<font color=blue>how the heck you break a tractor in half</font color=blue>

Apparently it really happens, Todd.
crazy.gif
Take a look at the or <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=ag&Number=3623&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post3623>Busted Tractor threads, or messages like <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=79871&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post79871>this one</A> from Mark Chalkley.

<font color=blue>my four year old could show me multiple ways</font color=blue>

What a coincidence -- it was my four year old son who brought it to me and said, "Daddy, it broke all by itself."
wink.gif