Battery Suggestions

/ Battery Suggestions #1  

Big_Cajun

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1130
A friend of mine has a JD 2020 and was searching for a good battery manufacturer for use with the tractor. Any suggestions?

BC

/ Battery Suggestions #2  
Optima and Odyssey.

/ Battery Suggestions #3  
I've had excellent luck with Walmart batteries, and they cost a lot less than the Optima. The Optima is a great battery, but I don't know if it is worth the cost for a tractor. To me, it wouldn't be. I would rather replace a $39 or $battery every 3 years than a $150 one every six.

/ Battery Suggestions #4  
:)
I second the wal mart ones. I use a winch too. I replaced mine six years ago with the yellow one they sell about 65 dollars. the dealer wanted 240 dollars.
Ive had good luck, but mine is garaged, that could make a difference.
Still going strong.:)
Knock on wood,
i will now go out and it will be flat......lol:D

/ Battery Suggestions #5  
Big_Cajun said:
A friend of mine has a JD 2020 and was searching for a good battery manufacturer for use with the tractor. Any suggestions?

BC

NAPA gell-filled like the Optima battery.

Carries a 6 year warranty. Vibration and abuse has no effect on them. I've got them in all my tractors.

/ Battery Suggestions #6  
Some tractors have the battery next to the radiator and acid fumes from charging can cause corrosion. For these applicatons the gel type batteries are best.
I just use the wally world batteries in everything I have though. Good batteries.

/ Battery Suggestions #7  
Wonder who makes the batteries for Wal Mart.?

/ Battery Suggestions #8  
I discarded a perfectly good walmart battery to replace it with a NAPA brand AGM (Optima style) STARTING battery that met the owner's manual requirements.

Battery acid sloshing around and pouring out the top of the battery is now a thing of the past. So are vapors and corrosion. I've got one in my pickup too.

/ Battery Suggestions #9  
Bedlam said:
Wonder who makes the batteries for Wal Mart.?

I was told that it is Johnson Controls...

/ Battery Suggestions #10  
I think there are only about 3 battery manufacturers that cover the USA market.