wearing out parts too fast

/ wearing out parts too fast #1  

jiffymx

this is my first post on this site. i have found this site to be extremly helpfull in my thrist for knowledge about tractors. i own a mx track and riding school. i prep my track 5-6 days a week. which includes plowing, wetting and roto-tilling about 5 acres of land. i have a brand new kubota L3400 with a set of 5 shank chisel plow and a 62'' bush hog rototiller. in last 6 mmonthes i have went thru 4 sets of plow points and 2 sets of rototiller blades. my soil is a georgia clay with almost no rocks in it at all. i do wet the crap outta it before i rototill and plow. my question is where is a good place to find cheap rototiller blades and plow points at? currently i am paying around 10 bucks a piece for my pow points and blades. any onfo would be greatly aprreciated..

also is there anyway i can make my equipment last alittle long?? i have heard putting a weld bead on my cutting edges will improve the weartime. i am told that the weld bead is harder than the metal used for the implement.. that true???

thanks again..
jiffy

/ wearing out parts too fast #3  
Get some hard surfacing welding rod and try that on your blades. It aint cheap tho.

/ wearing out parts too fast
currently i race the blue ones...but i will ride whatever bike my sponsors pay for!!!

thanks for the link!!!

on that site it dont show anything for my model of tiller. mine is rts62. i seen listing for rth and others but not mine...will another model blades work??
if so which models are interchangeable as far as the blades go?

/ wearing out parts too fast #7  
I agree with shaley,If you can't, get someone that can run some hard face welding rods on the best new blades you can find and on any implement wear areas to prevent wear. An excavating company that I work for runs hard face on dozer blades,push arms and excavator buckets. The wear that it prevents is amazing.

/ wearing out parts too fast #8  
jiffymx said:
on that site it dont show anything for my model of tiller. mine is rts62. i seen listing for rth and others but not mine...will another model blades work??
if so which models are interchangeable as far as the blades go?

Clean Cutter Tiller Blades

Arkaybee

/ wearing out parts too fast #9  
Jiffy, what track or where?

Do you know Bobby Fields, Mobile Machine and Welding out of Florida?

He hits the larger tracks etc. He could do the hardfacing etc. if you are unfamiliar with it (he is also running a spray welder) I am not sure if the $ would work out though paying someone else to do the work, but if changing them is a hassle etc. it will definetely make them last longer.

i an nearthe ga/sc state line on i85. i also work on a few more tracks here in sc and 1 in ga...

i will check into those hardface welding rods. i have a sponsor who might can get me some of those and someone to do it for nothing. thanks again for all the help and info...

i am sure i will post again with another problem for you guys to help me on!!