Source for shock absorbers

/ Source for shock absorbers #32  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/rear_shock/>Here's the link.</A>

/ Source for shock absorbers
Von - There's some pretty interesting stuff in the bike shock world, alright. I had no idea. It's been a long time since I did any serious bike riding.

I looked at about 6 different shock manufacturer sites, but none of them tell you the dimensions of the shocks. They all mention that they make the best there is, of course, but they only say which bikes they fit, which doesn't help me much. So, I printed off the phone numbers for the ones that seemed to have the widest range, and I'll call them Monday. Thanks for the lead!

/ Source for shock absorbers #34  
What big city are you close to? I tried punching " truck parts eastern virginia" into google and came up dry. From your posts it sounds like you get around some, when you're going out of town hit the yellow pages from where you're going. Try a Mack or Peterbilt dealer. If they don't have it they can direct you to an independent.

bgott - I'm about halfway between Richmond and Norfolk, with Richmond being a lot easier to get to and get around in traffic-wise.

I went to Richmond and looked at Peterbuilt, Volvo and independent truck parts dealers. One of them let me go back in the warehouse and showed me everything they had - they had a couple dozen different shocks, but there was nothing even close.

/ Source for shock absorbers #36  
I have been tring to figure out if your cpmment was postive or not, but as I tell my students, everything follows the rules of physics wheather in the mechcanial system or the electrical system or even the fuild system. The biggest problem with a lot of physics classes is that they treat all systems seperate instead of looking at chararistics of a system such as force, which is wieght in mechcanical, voltage in the electrical or temp change in the heat. This is fun talking about this. Oh by the way, the tuned supension of a car is just a tuned MCR circuit just like a tuned electrical circuit.

Dan L

/ Source for shock absorbers #37  
Any room for an air bag?

bgott - Yeah, I think so. Do air bags have a controlled release valve?

/ Source for shock absorbers #39  
Mark,

<font color=blue> Do air bags have a controlled release valve?</font color=blue>

Sure they do! Don’t you remember the ones you put under someone’s seat cushion to get that funny noise a certain body function makes?/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

MarkV

MarkV - That wouldn't be much different from what I've got now, at least from the sound of it. Those rubber stops at the bottom of the seat travel are pretty brutal...