Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    JD 4300 MFWD

Default Now that Central Tractor will be gone...

A friend with an old 8N just asked me if I had heard Central Tractor is going under. Of course I had, hanging out here [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img] but I sympathize with the guy.

I told him I'd ask you folks if there are any good alternatives for getting parts for the really old tractors. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bob

Tractor
    JD 750 (first was '62 AC D-12 w/ factory 3pt.)

Default Re: Now that Central Tractor will be gone...

Bob,
    Have him give <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.waltstractors.com>WALTS TRACTORS</A> a try.He seems to have most of the old tractors covered.I've never used him, as had a local supplier within a few miles when I had my Allis Chalmers.

Bob,

While I had my old 8N, I subscribed to a newsletter that dealt with 2N, 9N and 8N Fords. Their website is http://www.n-news.com I know there were advertisers listed in the newsletter that dealt in parts for
    those old Fords.

Russ

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

www.just8ns.com. I've used them. Order on Monday, you get the parts UPS on Thursday. They also have parts for more than 8Ns. www.ytmag.com is the website to go to for older tractors. They have an excellent 9N-2N-8N forum.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    '78 Kubota B6100DT

Another thing I'll miss my CT/Farm and Country for is Birdseed.

We go thru a 50lb bag of "generic" every 2 weeks or so, another 50 lb bag of black oil sunflower seed once a month and 25 lbs of thistle seed every month too.

Serve up about 10 general feeders, 3 thistle feeders and 3 woodpecker feeders year round. We have everything from finches to woodpeckers - too many species to name them all!

CT had the best prices around for decent quality seed.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

I'd heard they were getting bought out and would reopen under a new name. Haven't read anything "official" yet. Anyone else hear that or is it an "urban myth" type thing?

Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST

Gerard,

There is some kind of an agreement where Tractor Supply Company (TSC) will be taking over some store locations. As I posted in a different thread, our local newspaper mentioned that fact but had no firm commitment or date.

Terry

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

thanx, THATS what I had heard.. Hope it's true. Nice to have a farm supply type store around........

Veteran Member
    Cherry Valley, New York (near Cooperstown, NY)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1986 Ford 5610 with loader

I never have any problem getting parts for my old Ferguson. My local tractor parts guy is a Temco dealer. Temco also has a catalogue and they specialize in parts for vintage tractors.

Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast