ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #1  

rutwad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5465, Kubota M5040, Farmall H (2), Minneapolis Moline R, Case 530CK, Cat 416C
I am going to have to replace at least two quick couplers on my ASV. Did manufactures ever get together to make these "universal", or does each brand still have it's own design? Basically, do I need to go back to ASV, or is there a chance my local parts guy could have them? They look like brass, but I am sure if I go to ASV I will find that it is actually gold :D

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #2  
Hey rutwad

Which fittings need replacing? One reason I like to buy from my dealer is they make sure attachments work with ASV's, generic or not. About aftermarket, just have to make sure of the flow. My dealer wouldn't let me rent a particular attachment once for the psi on ASV to high. He said it would have blown the cylinders apart.

Robbie

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #3  
One more thing. Talk about expensive, Wait till you have to replace the high flow lines to your head!!! I already have, about $350.00 for both and case drain. That was real fun!!!

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers
One fitting is for the high-flow hose connection at the tractor. And at least the case drain connection also and maybe one more :(

Robbie, do you have the hose protectors for the hoses that run to the drive motors? I talked to a guy that used to run an ASV and he said he had snagged his hoses a couple of different times.

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #5  
Hey there.

I would think as new as your machine is that would be a warranty issue. I've had no problem with mine,either set. The reason I had to change my hoses was I pinched one in the wreck, had a wild bradford pear thorn peirce another and a cut in the case drain. I know carry a spare high flow hose and case drain.

My hoses came with that black sleveing but I replaced that with fire hose. You have to take the hoses lose from the quick couplers. Its rubber lined and 3 times what the black sleves are. If you can't get any let me know I have a bunch, I send you some.If you do get some a few drops of oil in the hose first will aid one hose going in the other. I use bungies to hold my hoses up out of the way. Pinch one of the high flow hoses and there done, It will blow out at the pinch within hours. How's business?? Robbie

Hey Robbie,

I like the fire hose idea. I will have to look and see if I can get some. My hoses came wrapped with some type of coiled plastic. It's coiled like a telophone cord, but I don't like it. One piece only covers about 14"s of hoses, and it is wearing into my hoses at the end of the coiil which sucks. As I was replacing the couplers I noticed a high presure hose with a serious rub mark, so I need to get those things off quick.

Business is slow. I just did a job Saturday, and finished up another today. I have several people wanting me to do work after Jan 31st, but we'll see if that comes through or not. Until last Saturday, it had been a couple of weeks with no work.

I would love to pick up a couple extra attachnebts to make my services more versatile. Maybe I can get something else going soon.

Regards

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #7  
Hey rutwad.

Put the fire hose on and then you can wrap them with the coil thing you have to keep them together. The better held together they are the less chance you have of pinching them.

I just bought a grapple and there is not much you can't do with it. You could advertise lot cleanup, tree cleanup(from storms), I've even used mine to pull up silt fences. Works very well on fences. I also have the harley rake but they are expensive, useful, but expensive.

Im glad you had a couple jobs, hang in there things will pickup. Let me know if you find some hose.

Later Robbie

I have put my father on a fire hose mission. He's pretty good coming up with stuff for me, but I'll let you know if he can't find any.

I like the grapples. I have seen several diffferent designs. Which one do you have and do you wish anything was different about it?

Thanks

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #9  
Hey Rutwad

I bought a Bradco 72" grapple. Very strong with 1/2" tines. The top clamps are beefy as well with good protection for the cylinders.

I priced one at Rootgrapple.com and they suggested a 81" extreme for our machine size. They look tough on there web site. They quoted me 2700.00 including shipping. That one looks good if you have the money in hand or bank. I had to open a revolving credit account to rent the excavator so thats the main reason I went with the bradco at my dealer. It was right at 3000.00. Alittle more money but they make sure it has the right fittings and all for ASV's and if need be any warranty stuff. I like one stop shopping.

Just make sure it has 1/2" tines and a strong back. Our machines can make swiss cheese of cheaper units.

Quick reply to tractor wreck. As far as working alone I try not to anymore. My dad just recently retired and goes with me most of the time. I'm going to start getting him some seat time so I can utilize his help more. After my wreck I'm a little hessatant because if it happened to me It can happen to him and I would rather not go there. Slow and safe training. Robbie

/ ASV RC100 Quick Connect hyd. couplers #10  
Robbie Hegwood said:
Hey rutwad

Which fittings need replacing? One reason I like to buy from my dealer is they make sure attachments work with ASV's, generic or not. About aftermarket, just have to make sure of the flow. My dealer wouldn't let me rent a particular attachment once for the psi on ASV to high. He said it would have blown the cylinders apart.

Robbie

What was the attachment ment to be used on??? The ASV has no more hyd pressure than any other skidsteer. As for the couplers, just look at the manufactures name and model number and get them through a jobber, they sell them much cheaper and are the exact same item.