Default Lift will only lift about 100 lbs

I have a Massey 135 (70's), and the lift will only lift about 100 lbs. What should I look for. Someone said there may be water in the filter.

Thanks

Default Re: Lift will only lift about 100 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by froggyo
    I have a Massey 135 (70's), and the lift will only lift about 100 lbs. What should I look for. Someone said there may be water in the filter.

Thanks

Yeah, water will do it. Whens the last time you change the fluid? If it's more than 3 years, warm the tractor up to 45 degrees for 8 hours (overnight is better) and change the fluids and filters.

jb

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Thanks
    Perhaps the fluid level is low ?
    Haired / iced over suction screen ?

Does the hydraulic pump whine a lot or is it quiet ?
    Where are you at ? I mean how cold is it outside ? I don't think water in the filter will cause what you are seeing unless it is frozen, then it will for sure.
    Do you have a remote on the tractor, will it work an attachment or something ok. ? If it works ok, your problem might be in the lift mechanism itself.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Thanks
    For some strange reason, I'm having trouble posting to this thread with a link I'm wanting to pass on. I'll PM you with more info. I'm very familiar with 100 series Masseys. Water isn't good for the hydraulic system without a doubt. It can cause problems with the pump or lift cylinder. If, as was mentioned, you have water in there and it's froze, you have BIGGER problems.

Check you Personal Messages.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Tractor
    IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel

Did you get your problem resolved? Post back when you find out what it was.
    Praise is not something you do to get closer to God, praise is a response to God being close to you.