Lift will only lift about 100 lbs

/ Lift will only lift about 100 lbs #1  

froggyo

I have a Massey 135 (70's), and the lift will only lift about 100 lbs. What should I look for. Someone said there may be water in the filter.

Thanks

/ Lift will only lift about 100 lbs #2  
froggyo said:
I have a Massey 135 (70's), and the lift will only lift about 100 lbs. What should I look for. Someone said there may be water in the filter.

Thanks

Yeah, water will do it. Whens the last time you change the fluid? If it's more than 3 years, warm the tractor up to 45 degrees for 8 hours (overnight is better) and change the fluids and filters.

jb

/ Lift will only lift about 100 lbs #3  
froggyo said:

Thanks

Perhaps the fluid level is low ?
Haired / iced over suction screen ?

Does the hydraulic pump whine a lot or is it quiet ?
Where are you at ? I mean how cold is it outside ? I don't think water in the filter will cause what you are seeing unless it is frozen, then it will for sure.
Do you have a remote on the tractor, will it work an attachment or something ok. ? If it works ok, your problem might be in the lift mechanism itself.

/ Lift will only lift about 100 lbs #4  
froggyo said:

Thanks

For some strange reason, I'm having trouble posting to this thread with a link I'm wanting to pass on. I'll PM you with more info. I'm very familiar with 100 series Masseys. Water isn't good for the hydraulic system without a doubt. It can cause problems with the pump or lift cylinder. If, as was mentioned, you have water in there and it's froze, you have BIGGER problems.

Check you Personal Messages.

/ Lift will only lift about 100 lbs #5  
Did you get your problem resolved? Post back when you find out what it was.