Rotary cutter tailwheel hub

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub #1  

DmansPadge

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master
I have been given an old rotary cutter. It's in good shape and works well. The only problem is the hub on the tailwheel and the axle bolt is messed up and needs to be replaced. The problem is I don't know what brand or model the cutter is. I was told that the cutter might be a "Sidewinder" but the original owner wasn't real sure. This is what I've came up with. Is this hub common to a bunch of different brands? On another site I was looking at I found that a Bush Hog, Fred Cain, BBM, and Sidewinder all had the same part number for the hub. It appears the same and mine is a 4 bolt with a 5" bolt pattern.

Any info is appreciated.

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub #2  
What exactly is messed up on the hub? If the bolt is bad, must have been due to bearings going out. Can you take hub to parts house and get replacement bearings and bolt? I'm sure they could match them up. If the bearing location in the hub is actually bad, then you could probably go with the one shown in your link. Any pics?

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub #3  
Check the tail wheel hub at tsc for price as well.. I'm guesing it is a KK type.

soundguy

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub
BTDT said:
What exactly is messed up on the hub? If the bolt is bad, must have been due to bearings going out. Can you take hub to parts house and get replacement bearings and bolt? I'm sure they could match them up. If the bearing location in the hub is actually bad, then you could probably go with the one shown in your link. Any pics?

One end of the hub is detroyed.. the axle bolt is missing. There do not appear to be bearings... just bushings. This was the way I recieved it.. so I don't really know what happened... although I'm sure it was due to the grease zerk on the hub hadn't been touched in a long time! :D

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub
Soundguy said:
Check the tail wheel hub at tsc for price as well.. I'm guesing it is a KK type.

soundguy

Soundguy... that's kinda what I'm wondering. Is this hub that I linked to a pretty common part? TSC might have one? I just didn't know how "brand specific" that type hub was... being that I don't even know what brand I have.

Thanks.

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub #6  
I have an old Bushog Rebel cutter. I got the wheel at TSC worked fine but I had to reuse a spacer or somenting because of differences.
Seems like the hole in the wheel is bigger on one than the other.
Measure the mounting width and bolt hole size and then go shopping.

/ Rotary cutter tailwheel hub #7  
DmansPadge said:
Soundguy... that's kinda what I'm wondering. Is this hub that I linked to a pretty common part? TSC might have one? I just didn't know how "brand specific" that type hub was... being that I don't even know what brand I have.

Thanks.

Not sure about your store.. but my TSC locally always has at least 1 tailwheel hub on the shelf. Drop by and take a look.. bring a mic and your old one and measure it up. might save you postage.. or waiting for ups if in a hurry.

Soundguy