Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320

/ Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320 #1  

JMP1320

Tractor
Ford 1320
Hello all,
I have just recently purchased a 3pt hitch log sptitter for my 1990 Ford 1320. I have a Ford backhoe for it and I thought i could run the hydraulics for the splitter through the backhoe hydraulics. It works well except for the fact that the 3pt hitch doesnt go up. So i have to hook up, drive to the site and the shut the tractor down and hook up the hydraulics. Kind of a pain but it works for now. I am currently seeking any suggestions. I went to my dealer and he said the auxiliary hydraulics would cost about 500 dollars to install. He said that guys who dont have a backhoe run the hydraulics of the fel bucket hydraulics, which seams to me to be an equally big of a pain. What do you guys think my best option is? Do you think the auxiliary hydraulics are worth it? Thanks Josh

/ Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320 #2  
JMP1320 said:
I went to my dealer and he said the auxiliary hydraulics would cost about 500 dollars to install. He said that guys who dont have a backhoe run the hydraulics of the fel bucket hydraulics, which seams to me to be an equally big of a pain. What do you guys think my best option is? Do you think the auxiliary hydraulics are worth it?
Why do you think it's a pain?

On tractors without an extra hydraulic block it's done all the time. You just plumb your aux valve in series with the loader valve so that the aux valve is between the loader valve and the 3pt. It's very simple and I have described the plumbing several dozen times here on TBN.

As for the value of aux hydraulics, you will find that the general consensus is that aux hydraulics are probably the most bang for the buck option you could get for your tractor. Having a hydraulic top link or a port for hydraulic implements is well worth the expense and effort.

/ Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320
"You just plumb your aux valve in series with the loader valve so that the aux valve is between the loader valve and the 3pt."

I'm not sure i follow. Does this cut of hydraulic flow to the fel? Are the auxiliary hydraulics hard to install? Do they have to be installed by the dealer?

/ Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320 #4  
JMP1320 said:
"You just plumb your aux valve in series with the loader valve so that the aux valve is between the loader valve and the 3pt."

I'm not sure i follow. Does this cut of hydraulic flow to the fel? Are the auxiliary hydraulics hard to install? Do they have to be installed by the dealer?
It's not hard to follow. All valves must be in series. The flow to the loader valve is not cutoff (it's first in line anyway).

I have posted the installation instructions on how to do this several dozen times. Do a search for my name and "rear remotes" and you will find it. Assuming you have some mechanical aptitude it should take only a few hours to install. Read up on rear remotes here on TBN and you will get all the information you will need.

/ Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320 #5  
Hmm.. I don't know how your backhoe hyds are plumbed.. but I guess it is in such a way that it diverts oil from the 3pt. All the remote valves and laoders I have on my fords all allow the 3pt to operate and share the oil flow with the remote when either are being used.

If you can get an aux remote for 500$.. that's a good deal. NH deluxe remotes are 700$ or so...

Heck.. even the old style valves for my older thousand and hundred series fords cost about 600$ for a dual spool.. and no other hardware like hoses or connectors.. etc.

Soundguy

JMP1320 said:
Hello all,
I have just recently purchased a 3pt hitch log sptitter for my 1990 Ford 1320. I have a Ford backhoe for it and I thought i could run the hydraulics for the splitter through the backhoe hydraulics. It works well except for the fact that the 3pt hitch doesnt go up. So i have to hook up, drive to the site and the shut the tractor down and hook up the hydraulics. Kind of a pain but it works for now. I am currently seeking any suggestions. I went to my dealer and he said the auxiliary hydraulics would cost about 500 dollars to install. He said that guys who dont have a backhoe run the hydraulics of the fel bucket hydraulics, which seams to me to be an equally big of a pain. What do you guys think my best option is? Do you think the auxiliary hydraulics are worth it? Thanks Josh

/ Auxiliary hydraulics for a Ford 1320
Thanks guys you have been most helpfull !!