Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    1980 AC 5020

Default SAE ports/fittings on a 1980 made in Japan....

Would there be SAE ports/fittings on a 1980, made in Japan AC 5020? It would seem odd to me if there were, being that the rest of the machine is metric. It has an AC FEL mounted to it with a diverter valve for switching the hydraulic pressure from the FEL to the 3 pt hitch.

If the hoses/fittings are SAE, where would the metric start/stop and the SAE start/stop? Do you think the diverter has both?

Monte

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Default Re: SAE ports/fittings on a 1980 made in Japan....

If there is a changeover point from metric to SAE I would think it to be associated with the loader and would probably be from the diverter to the loader spool valves.
    Good luck.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1980 AC 5020

Quote Originally Posted by slowrev
    If there is a changeover point from metric to SAE I would think it to be associated with the loader and would probably be from the diverter to the loader spool valves.
    Good luck.
    Thanks. I guess I get the wrenches out and see if I can tell metric or sae.

Monte

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

And poossibly calipers and thread gauges. Good luck, mixed Metric/SAE units are always a pain.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1980 AC 5020

Quote Originally Posted by slowrev
    And poossibly calipers and thread gauges. Good luck, mixed Metric/SAE units are always a pain.
    Oh joy.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Ya just never know what happens on old tractors. I am working on a 55 ford 850 with a ford 711 1-arm loader. I have a ford 55' 660 just like it with a ford 722 1-arm loader. i never noticed that the 711 loaders bucket cyl wasn't original, like the 660's cyls were. When i was plumbing my hoses, i saw that what i thought was a 1/2 pipe port on the cyl was loose.. turns out it was a #10ORB fittin in the cyl ( more like 5/8 ).. Wow.. a further look and the cyl is komatsu or kobelco.. go figure...Threw me for a loop finding an non sea fitting like that on an old 'merican tractor..

Soundguy

Quote Originally Posted by montejw
    Would there be SAE ports/fittings on a 1980, made in Japan AC 5020? It would seem odd to me if there were, being that the rest of the machine is metric. It has an AC FEL mounted to it with a diverter valve for switching the hydraulic pressure from the FEL to the 3 pt hitch.

If the hoses/fittings are SAE, where would the metric start/stop and the SAE start/stop? Do you think the diverter has both?

Monte

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1980 AC 5020

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy
    Ya just never know what happens on old tractors. I am working on a 55 ford 850 with a ford 711 1-arm loader. I have a ford 55' 660 just like it with a ford 722 1-arm loader. i never noticed that the 711 loaders bucket cyl wasn't original, like the 660's cyls were. When i was plumbing my hoses, i saw that what i thought was a 1/2 pipe port on the cyl was loose.. turns out it was a #10ORB fittin in the cyl ( more like 5/8 ).. Wow.. a further look and the cyl is komatsu or kobelco.. go figure...Threw me for a loop finding an non sea fitting like that on an old 'merican tractor..

Soundguy
    Hard to say what's going to happen on this. Tractor made in Japan. I'm assuming the loader was made is the US, but don't know for sure. Have to find some specs for hydraulic fittings.

Monte

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace

Tractor
    Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader

Quote Originally Posted by montejw
    Hard to say what's going to happen on this. Tractor made in Japan. I'm assuming the loader was made is the US, but don't know for sure. Have to find some specs for hydraulic fittings.

Monte
    Try Discount Hydraulic Hose. They have downloadable catalogs and sell metric, japanese and British Standard fittings and conversion fittings to NPT/JIC.
    My friends call me Mad, everyone else thinks I'm mad.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1980 AC 5020

Quote Originally Posted by MadReferee
    Try Discount Hydraulic Hose. They have downloadable catalogs and sell metric, japanese and British Standard fittings and conversion fittings to NPT/JIC.
    Thanks, downloaded the catalogs. Now I just need to figure out what the fittings are on the tractor.

Monte

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S-470D, Mitubishi FD 1450D

Some of the ports on my Satoh (late 70's) are npt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast