Where to get a Svc Manual for my MF 1235?

/ Where to get a Svc Manual for my MF 1235? #1  

clattin

Where could I find a service manual for my MF 1235? I've looked all over the internet and I can find them for similar models (MF 1225, MF 1240, MF 1230, etc). Jensales has them for those models...do you think they're "close enough"?

I think I need to replace front bearings as I'm getting a grinding sound when I turn sharply in 4WD and when I reverse. In fact, I had the right front wheel lock up on me briefly the other day. I heard that its not uncommon for this problem because the front ends of these tractors aren't built for the loads that are put on them by the FEL's. Any truth to that? Anyone know how big of a job I'm looking at?

Thanks a bazillion!
Chris

/ Where to get a Svc Manual for my MF 1235? #2  
Get one from your Massey dealer. They are just as inexpensive and are much better manuals than any of the after market versions. Massey Ferguson has some of the least expensive manuals compared to other major manufactures.

/ Where to get a Svc Manual for my MF 1235?
Would you believe that my local dealer told me that there is no service manual for any of the 1200 series tractors except for the 1240? And they want $80 for that manual. I'm not sure how much the 1240 differs from the 1235, but $80 for a manual that isn't for my tractor doesn't sound very appealing.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!
Chris

/ Where to get a Svc Manual for my MF 1235? #4  
Check with a different dealer. He may not know what he is looking for, because some of the manuals have more than one model to the book. That is a good price for a manual if it was the right one.:)