Thanks to Sea Foam

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I posted some questions last fall about Sea Foam and got some pretty good responses here on TBN. I used it in all of my small gasoline engines last fall and I've been getting them all back out again and running over the past few days. I'm posting back here to let everyone know my results...

I am impressed!

I have two engines in particular that used to require a special sequence to start. The one always needed a little shot of ether before I tried starting it. It fired up on the second or third revolution after sitting all winter. It has started the same on every time I've started it since. The other engine always needed to turn with the starter for quite a while before it would start to sputter. Often I'd deplete the battery and have to hook up a charger with starter boost to finally get the thing started. It took more that a two or three revolutions, but it still started with hardly any problem.

I went to Checker and bought another can of sea foam so that I'll have it on hand.

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #2  
I am not familiar with Sea Foam. Obviously, it has someting to do with the fuel. Just exactly what is it? And, where is it available?

/ Thanks to Sea Foam
As I understand it's a fuel additive that was designed originally for marine engines. Do a search on TBN for it and there's some good advice about adding it directly into the carbeuretor. Here's a link to the web site...

Sea Foam

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #4  
I used Stabil in all my small engine mowers and just got them all out yesterday. all started just like they did last year when using them all the time.

Glad you had similiar results with Seafoam.

Ben

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #5  
Napa stores around here sell it.

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #6  
I used Sea Foam in my Gravely. It fixed a poor idle problem.

I've heard that it isn't that great for fuel injected engines.

Ralph

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #7  
At the suggestion of a lawn mower mechanic, when I couldn't get a generator started, I now use it in everything. Think it's suppose to be a cleaner and stabalizer. Buy it at NAPA. Works for me.

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #8  
RalphVa said:

Ralph

Ralph I am kind of hoping that you are wrong. I am using it in my boat that is fuel injected and have been having problems with it idling. Was told to put a couple of cans in as I have a 40 gallon tank. So last fall just before I put the boat away for the winter I put two cans in and ran it around some. I also started my boat during the winter a couple of times. So I won't know until this summer but I am hoping it does the job for me.

murph

/ Thanks to Sea Foam #9  
RalphVa said:

Ralph

Any reasons? I've followed discussions and used for the past couple years and haven't heard or noticed any problems.

Info directly from Seafoam's website:

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT for Gas Engine Applications

100% Pure Petroleum
Use in All Engines in All Seasons
2 Cycle, 4 Cycle, and Diesels
Treats 3 Critical Areas: Gas Tank, Fuel Systems, and Crankcase

Cleans fuel injectors
Cleans carburetor jets
Cleans carbon
Stabilizes fuels
Upper cylinder lube
Removes moisture in fuel