Kubota head lights

/ Kubota head lights #1  

bobhaybob

Tractor
Kubota B7100HSD
I was surprised to find out how poor the Kubota head lights are on my newly purchased used B7100 (1993). It replaced a Case 195 (35 years old) which had sealed beam headlights that worked quite well. Does anyone know where I can get sealed beam replacements head lights for the Kubota? I would like to avoid hanging work lights on the ROPS as they will get beat up by my low hanging trees.

/ Kubota head lights #2  
Bob,On my 1995 B7100 the head lights give off real good lighting.Have you notices a brownish color w/in the lens,also do they seem dim?You may get lucky and find a after market replacement,but I was told the light was made a little different for Kubota grill and hard to match up.

/ Kubota head lights
Yes, I have noticed a brownish color within the lens, and they do seem dim. The bulbs that were in the lamps were stamped 15W. I found 50 watt after market, back up bulbs that fit but the instructions specificly say not to use in tractor head lamps. They too seem dim and the light seems brownish.

/ Kubota head lights #4  
I'd check just to make sure the inside of the lens isn't just covered with dirt. Or the lenses may be oxidized (which I doubt) and could be replaced. Did you take the bulbs out and check to make sure they are clean?

/ Kubota head lights #5  
I find intresting that your lights are that dim..wondering if your getting enough DC power to bulbs,or maybe you a small cut in your wiring..small enough that it won't short the fuse or burn out the bulb.

/ Kubota head lights
I blew out the inside of the lamps last night before I took the plastic dumper to the street. (I made and attachment for the 3 point to carry the dumper) It seemed better but still not great. I think I'll try cleaning the inside of the lamps.

/ Kubota head lights #7  
If you've still got the 50w bulbs in check your wire gauge. You've increased the current draw over 3 times. if the wiring isn't heavy enough it will over heat and could catch on fire.

/ Kubota head lights #8  
If the wireing is fused.. and it should be.. and he didn't change the fuse.. and it's still running the lamps.. he should be ok. The fuse is there to protect the wireing. Mind you if it is a plastic bulb carrier it may not like the extra heat disipation.

I think I'd add on some sealed beam lamps to a bumper or brush guard...

soundguy

/ Kubota head lights #9  
I have a 2004 B7510 and just changed the light bulbs to the sylvinia silverstar bulb equivelent to an 1156 (cant remember the number) that I bought at Autozone for about $10 or $15 and they do seem to help. I seen this tip listed in an earlier thread here. Hope this helps, Ken.