Points for IH 3414

/ Points for IH 3414 #1  

SteveNY

Tractor
IH 3414 Industrial
It apears that the Lucas destributer on my TLB(yr.1963) is not original equipment b/c the dealer can't match up the right set of points. Hopefully attached is a picture of what my setup looks like. Does anybody recognize what tractor this setup is off of so I can get a part no. Thank you.

Attachments

• 48-106060-distributer1.JPG
    48-106060-distributer1.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 470
   / Points for IH 3414 #2  
Steve, I don't know what that distributor came off of, but if it were me, I think I'd remove the points and condensor, and take them to a NAPA auto parts store and see if they can't match them.

/ Points for IH 3414 #3  
Bird's on the right track, I would'nt be suprised if NAPA has a listing for it. To help narrow it down, see if there's an I.D. plate attached to the distributor and bring that with you as well. By the way I think the Cub lowboys used Lucas as well as alot of the old forklifts.

/ Points for IH 3414
As a matter of fact, NAPA was the first place I went, they ordered the points for the 3414 and when they came in, they were wrong. That is when I relized I had a problem. I miss spoke about the dealer, they are still looking. I will try NAPA again. Maybe they can referance the destributer p/n. Thank you.I posted a picture of my /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif tractor on the "construction equipment" forum on this sight.

/ Points for IH 3414 #5  
Napa should have a book with pictures so you can match 'em up with the right ones. You also have to hope they ordered the right part number. And you have to pray that when they find the right ones you don't end up with some cheap POS oriental knock-offs that are bad right out of the box. I went through two coils, four condensers and three sets of points before I got a good set for my 8N, and yes, I did check the voltages to make sure it wasn't my fault ( 12 volt conversion). This was before I found out that Ford still serviced the 8N. You might want to go to http://www.geneseeproducts.com and order an electronic ignition retrofit kit and do away with the problem entirely. You have my sympathy, as an ex mechanic I've served my time in parts house hell.

/ Points for IH 3414 #6  
Steve the points are 10.58 and the condenser is 10.66 and we do have them in stock at Whites farm Supply 1-800-859-4483 Just ask for Dan