Kubota L3350

/ Kubota L3350 #1  

kenmissouri

Tractor
Kubota B2400
I recently acquired a Kubota L3350 glide shift 4wd. It's really well used but it was relatively cheap. All the electrical gauges aren't working as well as headlights but I do have voltage at the fuse block. Occasionally its hard to get started, nothing comes to life. Giggling interlock switches, wires, etc gets it started but never repeatable in a sequence to know what the cause was. Suggestions?

/ Kubota L3350 #2  
Sounds like you have a good anti-theft devise. Just learn which way to giggle and remember the sequence. My ford is like that and no one else will ever be able to steal it.

"Not much help"

mark

/ Kubota L3350 #3  
kenmissouri said:
I recently acquired a Kubota L3350 glide shift 4wd. It's really well used but it was relatively cheap. All the electrical gauges aren't working as well as headlights but I do have voltage at the fuse block. Occasionally its hard to get started, nothing comes to life. Giggling interlock switches, wires, etc gets it started but never repeatable in a sequence to know what the cause was. Suggestions?

You say you have voltage at the fuse block but do you have voltage past the fuse block? If so I'd start tracing wires.

/ Kubota L3350 #4  
Chances are you still only have one problem, I'd just start looking for a poor connection going in and out of a junction block.

/ Kubota L3350 #5  
Do the glowplugs work, are the fuses good, bulbs good? Does the starter engage when you turn the key? May be bad ing. switch.

/ Kubota L3350
It turned out to be a partially burned out fusible link. It looks like only 2 strands remained then burned out or were only partially making contact. I'm surprised the starter ever engaged at all before.