Ordering parts on the web

/ Ordering parts on the web #1  

Solo

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer2030
I like to order my parts online. The biggest reason for this is conveniance. I also like the fact that I can order any time of day or night. It also seems that everytime I need something where ever I go, I'm always told they have to order whatever I need, so I just skip the middleman. I'm just wondering if anyone else buys parts online and why.

Solo

/ Ordering parts on the web
Thanks Jay, but I'm not looking for dealers. I'm wondering why people order from online dealers.

Solo

/ Ordering parts on the web #4  
I order on-line because of the convienence and frequently price. As Solo said I can do it when I want and get it delivered to the door. The nearby cities of Bryan and College Station are small - about 150,000 total. Add 40,000+ college students when Texas`A & M is in session and shopping there is a pain and hard to find what you need.

I have found that for small stuff with deals on the internet sites that shipping is no more than the sales tax would be or free. We have bought large appliances on-line too. Got them quicker than the local appliance store could order in the models we wanted. Unloaded them with the forks on the tractor!

My wife shops for fabrics on-line for better selection. When she started this suddenly she was eager for me to go wireless for high speed internet. :)

My nearest Kubota dealer is 35 miles away and now I only have to go there to buy transmission fluid.

Our local shopping is almost limited to groceries and small parts. Even with small parts if it is not critical I will make up a combined order for the internet to keep shipping reasonable.

Vernon

/ Ordering parts on the web #5  
When you say parts, what do you mean. If I need a part that has to come from Ford I go to Messicks . The reason I like them is you can look up your parts and get the prices anytime day or night. They are also cheaper than my local CNH dealer. If you are talking about small things like top link pins I would think shipping would make it not reasonable to order online.

/ Ordering parts on the web #6  
Solo said:
I'm wondering why people order from online dealers.
For the same reasons you listed in your first post.

/ Ordering parts on the web #7  
Deere has a pretty nice web site for ordering parts online. It's tied into your e-mail so you know when the parts are available (or the dealer calls me).

One does need to know enough about their tractor to order the correct parts.

I've done online ordering through Deere's site for 3 or 4 years now. Most of what I order are filters and such or items I wanted to add on to the tractor (a right side fender grab handle, for example). The 790 has been quite reliable.

/ Ordering parts on the web #8  
The latest thing I ordered was a new surface element for our stove top. At the local appliance parts store(20 miles one way) it would cost 93.00 plus tax. I looked at several parts sites online and found one for 72.00 and with shipping almost 80.00. It was delivered in two days.
We do lots of Christmas shoping online big and small items. Lots of free delievery . We order prints on line and do online banking. For me it's just Convenient-Convenient-Convenient.

/ Ordering parts on the web #9  
I usually order tractor parts online. I like the ability to compare prices.

However the web is not always the cheapest. Needed a Radiator for my Subaru, online was $135 plus S&H, seemed to be the best prices from online dealers. Found it at O'Reileys locally for $105, lifetime warranty.

/ Ordering parts on the web #10  
Everything has to be shipped up here... I can't drive to the area trailer manufacturing plant and buy a new cargo/equipment trailer, etc., etc.

So, I'm always looking for a way to keep the cost of a part or the total cost including shipping costs down.

The JD online parts gives me a price comparison point. My local dealer knows this and they will throw my order into their monthly or biweekly freight order.

No freight charge and they'll meet the online price from JD.

So, I do shop online but I don't necessarily buy online.

AKfish