Hydralic pump

/ Hydralic pump #1  

akjohnston

I have a B7800 kubota with aprox 300 hours. It is a HST. It appears to me that the pump noise has got louder and louder. It has never been quite but now the more rpm the louder it gets. One needs ear plugs for noise is to say the least intorable. It still seems to work great not problems that I am aware of. Only noise. Any suggestions as to what to do?

/ Hydralic pump #3  
Noises made by hydraulic pumps aren't usually a big deal, at least one a sackfull of money can't fix. I recommend investigating any strange noise on a mechanical device as soon as it starts and shut it off till i am sure of what it is.
David from jax

/ Hydralic pump #4  
slowrev said:
Have you checked your suction screen, filter, etc ?
Ben
That's what I would check first. If it is clean and the tractor has the correct fluid then it will be an expensive fix with a new pump.

/ Hydralic pump #5  
You might consider a change out to Kubota's SUDT in the transmission/hydraulics. At 300 hours you probably are close to being due for a fluid and filter change. SUDT quieted down my L3130 considerably.

Vernon

/ Hydralic pump #6  
An here i thought HSt trannies never had a problem...

ditto what the tothers said. if it is a restricted suction filter.. or too thick of fluid.. then it could be cavitation you are hearing.. as sand and jerry implied.. if you let it keep cavitating.. it may take a sackfull of money to fix...

Soundguy

/ Hydralic pump #7  
Yeah Soundguy and those plastic fenders and such last forever too ;)
Ben

/ Hydralic pump #8  
Soundguy said:
An here i thought HSt trannies never had a problem...
Soundguy
There you you go. Making it sound like they could have a problem.:D:D