turf tires and rims

/ turf tires and rims #1  

neilly2

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L285 with V1500A engine
I have an L285 with ag tires. I'd like to get a set of turf tires as well, but the Kubota dealer says they're not available.

Does any one have a source for aftermarket rims?

/ turf tires and rims #2  
I will try to help. What size tires?

/ turf tires and rims
Well, I'm not sure how to answer.... the sizes of the tires currently on it are:

Front 5.00-15
Rear 11.2-24

I'm too desparate to be embarrassed about saying I don't know how to size new turf tires or rims for that matter. The new yard is starting to come in and I don't want to mow it with ag tires on it.

Any help is appreciated.

/ turf tires and rims #4  
The 112-24 is definitely doable in a Firestone Farm Service Diamond. They are about $250 each. The 500-15 is proving to be a bit more of a challenge. I can't find anything, except an implement tire and R1 (which you already have) in that size. Let me do some more research and I will get back.

/ turf tires and rims #5  
neilly2 said:
Well, I'm not sure how to answer.... the sizes of the tires currently on it are:

Front 5.00-15
Rear 11.2-24

I'm too desparate to be embarrassed about saying I don't know how to size new turf tires or rims for that matter. The new yard is starting to come in and I don't want to mow it with ag tires on it.

Any help is appreciated.
Could you just put on 15" street tires off of a car/truck until you find a suitable tractor tire? They wouldn't be very aggresive, and might work in a pinch.

/ turf tires and rims #6  
I know this is an old thread, but I have 185/75R15 on the front. Its a used small car tire but it works and was $25 mounted. Mine is 2WD, so as long as it fits it will work. Width is your enemy because the rims are sooo narrow. Also the steering components will rub a wider tire.

/ turf tires and rims #7  
you and I are exactly the same. got the same prob. I have the same trac. tire size and all. have you found out anything new?

/ turf tires and rims #8  
Also, if it helps, Tractordata lists 11.2-24, but I have 12.4-24 on rear, and they work fine, try searching 12.4-24 r-3 tires.

I found these, 13.6-24 Titan Torc Trac TL R-3 tires, 4 ply. No idea price, and I can't swear they will fit.

Nvm, found it: Carlisle 11.2-24 Turf Pro 6-ply, $385 each, Miller Tire (online store, don't know how to link from phone).

I did some search on fronts, 5.00-15 tires=27.3" tall, and wow, 5" wide...
205/75r15 trailer tires=27.1" tall, and 8.03" wide, some they may or may not physically fit your steer components, and may or may not seat on your rims, but height is perfect.

Is there a reason 5.00-15 3-ribs wont work for you, mine don't damage lawm unless I turn sharp, but turfs will too

Last edited:
   / turf tires and rims #9  
you and I are exactly the same. got the same prob. I have the same trac. tire size and all. have you found out anything new?

Yes... they tear up the yard pretty good. but I am checking on some here locally. but don't no yet. Thanks Paul H.