Rhino cutter blade replacement

/ Rhino cutter blade replacement #1  

chrisjbell

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7300; JD LX233
I just replaced the blades on my Rhino SE4 rotary cutter. It was definately time - the old ones were pretty worn down. One of the blades went on just fine and after torquing it down as tight as I could with a 3/4" breaker bar and cheater (they are supposed to be torqued to 350 lb/ft but I don't have a torque wrench that'll go anywhere near that tight) it will pivot the way it is supposed to.

The other blade doesn't want to pivot when it is nice and tight. I replaced the bolts, nuts, and washers, all ordered from Rhino and all according to the serial number on my cutter. (There were different configurations for the blades during the production run.)

Has anyone run in to this situation? I figure I can call Rhino and ask them, but not until Monday and I was hoping to do some cutting tomorrow.

I did take it out and run it and it seems to work just fine, but I was careful not to hit anything that would require the blades to pivot. That won't be realistic when I cut the rest of the place (if I could do that, I'd use a finish mower :)).