Possums is good practice! (pic)

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
Just a braggin' pic. The Glock 22 is my "fun gun" but it doubles as a rust/dust/bang around gun for when I'm tractoring. Its nailed a few possums and other various rodents that needed to be quickly dispatched.
Glock-trophies.JPG

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #2  
:D A handheld possum blender...you really need to come up w/ some possum recipes now. You know, the sort that starts w/ 1-2lbs of sliced/diced possum... :D

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #3  
That's an old gun, isn't it? Looks like a first generation from the late 80's or early 90's.

Got 2 Glocks here...I'm a 9 mm guy. One is an old (mid 80's) 17, the other a Gen 2 19.

Glock's a nice gun, aren't they?

/ Possums is good practice! (pic)
Yea, its been with me awhile. I bought it new in '93. Its a first generation. I've shot countless IPSC, IDPA and pin matches with it. Lost count of how many rounds through it. Easily 15,000 as I used to buy a 1,000 every three-four months and kept that up for years. Its not as accurate as it once was. Probably just need to get the copper and lead out of the bbl.

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #5  
I love my 22 also, have several friends who bought Glocks after shooting mine. Recently picked up an XD-40 may end up liking that better. Use mine for Porcupine control. It is very effective.

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #6  
Slacker said:
EDITED
Its not as accurate as it once was. Probably just need to get the copper and lead out of the bbl.

Yeah, you really want to clean that barrel. Glock doesn't recommend shooting lead bullets through that pollygonal rifling.

I thought about getting a 22 (or other .40 S&W handgun), but since I run 9 mm and .45ACP (as well as some revolvers), I just didn't want another caliber.
Also, with some of the newer 9mm +P hollow point rounds available (Speer comes to mind), I think the stopping power is quite adequate.
Do you carry your 22?

RoyJackson said:
Yeah, you really want to clean that barrel. Glock doesn't recommend shooting lead bullets through that pollygonal rifling.

I thought about getting a 22 (or other .40 S&W handgun), but since I run 9 mm and .45ACP (as well as some revolvers), I just didn't want another caliber.
Also, with some of the newer 9mm +P hollow point rounds available (Speer comes to mind), I think the stopping power is quite adequate.
Do you carry your 22?

NO, the G22 is a fun gun. My daily carry weapon is a .38 SPL snubby Taurus M85 Ultralight. I occasionally carry a Glock 30, but the snubby is normally with me.

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #8  
Slacker said:
NO, the G22 is a fun gun. My daily carry weapon is a .38 SPL snubby Taurus M85 Ultralight. I occasionally carry a Glock 30, but the snubby is normally with me.

Taurus, eh?
I had 3 85's over the years. One was purchased for my Mom (concealed hammer version). I traded them all off except one. an 85 Multi-Alloy (aluminum frame, titanium cylinder). I've had this one for at least 7 years.

Although I prefer carrying a Glock or a Kahr, the one that goes with me anywhere is that little 85.

I'm really thinking about this one . Mine does have a hammer which can snag. The 851 is SA/DA and you can decock it.

Here is a pic of the little snubby when it was new-ish. Sitting next to some 1911, commander sized mags for size comparison.
Wilson-Taurus2.JPG

/ Possums is good practice! (pic) #10  
Slacker said:
Here is a pic of the little snubby when it was new-ish. Sitting next to some 1911, commander sized mags for size comparison.

Sweet little revolvers! You've got the same one as I do, except mine has an exposed hammer.
Looking at your pic a bit closer...it looks like that 85 is also SA/DA. How long have you had this gun? I never realized that the 85 was available in that cofiguration. I thought it was only with an exposed hammer or DAO.

I take it you carry in your pocket.