The Pour

/ The Pour #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Today was the big day for us on the new house. They finished the forms and started pouring concrete around 3:30 this afternoon. I didn't see them all but I counted at least 10 mixers coming and going. Somewhere around 40 yards of the stuff. I think frost laws are in effect, so they can't carry a full load. Fortunately for us, the ground dried out somewhat so they could manuever pretty well. Backhoe was there, but never came off the trailer.

Weather was great during the day, but now it's snowing pretty hard. Suppposed to get several inches tonight plus another 6-12 inches of lake effect tomorrow. Odd winter for sure /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 35-112613-Pour.JPG
    35-112613-Pour.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 138
   / The Pour #2  
I hear you on the snow, I am not to far from you over by I-69 and I just got the tractor ready to plow in the morning.

/ The Pour #3  
Kinda looks like a busy beehive.
Whats the going price when one of those beast shows up.
Rob...you gotta send more photos..this is interesting.

Do you plan to pour your cellar floor right off as well.

Hope the weather holds for couple of days,and have relaxing cup.

/ The Pour
Kevin, once again I was right by you with yet another trip to Detroit today. I hate the up and back in one day! I got to play in the snow this morning and evening though, so it was worth it I guess /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ The Pour
Thomas, not sure what a single load of concrete runs around here. I can only tell you what a complete foundation runs, including towing service for the mixers /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

The basement and garage floors will be poured a bit later. There is some plumbing to rough in in the basement beforehand.

I'll keep the pictures coming as long as there is something worth taking. This morning I swung by there and there was nothing but snow /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ The Pour #6  
Holy cow where did all this stuff come from? At lease you had a better day on tues. to go to detroit. I didn't get up early enough this morning to plow snow but you can bet I will be out there tonight. With the new house project in progress are you going to fort wayne home show this weekend?

/ The Pour
<font color=blue>are you going to fort wayne home show this weekend?</font color=blue>

Funny you should mention that. We're thinking about it. We went last year and it was an impressive show. The only thing I'm apprehensive about is the crowd.

You going? I'll meet you at the TBN booth /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ The Pour #8  
My wife and I are going to go to the home show on friday night. If you happen to be there I will be at the TBN booth or I may use the tickets to the TBN VIP lounge that Muhammad sent me./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ The Pour #9  
Don't know what the cost is elsewhere, but we paid a little less than $500 for a load (8 yards). We actually only used 14 yards, so I think one truckload was 8, and the other was 6. The cost seemed to be tipped toward the cost of coming up the hill more than the cost of the concrete, as we had a small pour a couple years ago that was only 2 yards, but the cost was about $300. That's quite a range ($62/yard for big pours, but $150/yd for small pours).

/ The Pour #10  
Rob,

How is the house coming? Now that the foundation has been in for about three weeks, how are things progressing? In about 3-4 weeks we should be underway as well. Just working on the finishing touches for plans and builder info.