The things they will do!!!

/ The things they will do!!! #1  

SacandagaBrad

Gold Member
Tractor
TC24D
Yesterday was my 20th wedding anniversary, and also my league night for golf. So here's what my wife came up with to get me home! Said it was a quick storm, I don't know......

Attachments

• Dsc01910red.jpg
    Dsc01910red.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 625
   / The things they will do!!!
neighbors helping bring it in. Its a 16' Starcraft with a 35 Merc on the back, very localized wind in a brief storm picked it up on the mooring and flipped on its back! A couple of trees down, nothing else. Not even other boats in the area, no evidence of storm damage anywhere else in the neighborhood except my front yard.

Attachments

• _DEN9649 storm.jpg
    _DEN9649 storm.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 499
And finally coming out the way it should. Cover was on the boat, so nothing lost, but obviously a lot of drying out to do. Its a full cover, probably how the wind got hold of it to flip it over. Got the motor dried out good and ran it for about half an hour right away. The rest is going to take a while.

Attachments

• _DEN9658 tow.jpg
    _DEN9658 tow.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 465
   / The things they will do!!! #4  
That's an interesting way to celebrate an anniversary.:D

/ The things they will do!!! #5  
Mornin Brad,
Well actually there was a very strong band of thunderstorms that came through your area at just about that time !

Im sure your wife would never take you away from the golf league without just cause ! ;) Glad no serious damage happened to the boat !

BTW nice match between the Boomer and inflatable ! :)

scott_vt said:
Im sure your wife would never take you away from the golf league without just cause ! ;) :)

As a co-worker reminded me - if she has that kind of power, I'd better make sure she is always happy!

/ The things they will do!!! #7  
Glad no one was injured and no serious property damage done.

Now let me tell you about "my operation".

The drought was still going on, we were eating supper and my dear wife said I just saw a rain drop hit a fig leaf, I looked up and said I just saw a rain drop hit a rose leaf... all this is out the back door.

Then thunder, wind, pouring rain, loud snap, then reverberating thud in the front yard.

Whole thing lasted less than 15 min. then stopped.

Now look:

Attachments

• OAKdownMay07.jpg
    OAKdownMay07.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 362
  • OAKdownMay07-02.jpg
    OAKdownMay07-02.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 291
  • OAKdownMay07-03.jpg
    OAKdownMay07-03.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 269
   / The things they will do!!! #8  
Hallow oaks scare the bajeebers out of me! I grew up in a heavily wooded area. On stormy nights we'd hear those thuds and in the morning branches and sometimes entire trees would be down, just feet from my bedroom. I vowed a long time ago to never have a tree with a trunk larger than my leg within falling distance of my house. :eek:

/ The things they will do!!! #9  
I've got to add this, but I'll keep it PG....Dark stormy night.....20 year anniversary.....sounds like a time to be under the covers to me! Golf can wait!

/ The things they will do!!! #10  
Brad, Congrats on the anniversary!!!:D Sorry about das boat! :(

Ohh the power of a woman (scourned)... Good thing it was only golf....:eek: