Red Fox

/ Red Fox #31  
Here's a photo of a gray fox I caught snooping around my deer feeder last night. This new critter-cam I got for Christmas is sure fun. I have more rabbit and raccoon pictures than I'll ever need; lots of deer and turkeys too.:)

Attachments

• GrayFox.jpg
    GrayFox.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 171
   / Red Fox #32  
Nice picture, I saw those cameras at Cabellas but was worried some one could steal it, don't they have a cable lock on them though.

/ Red Fox #33  
I work shift work so it's usually around 7pm before I get home and feed the cows. I always make a loop around the pasture to check for any problems. I ride my Gator and use a spotlight to look around. Been seeing a lot of wildlife lately. Usually see a coyote or two and have been seeing a grey fox. Those eyes on the fox light up as big as headlights when that spotlight hits them. The coyotes and raccoon's eyes light up but not as big as the fox.

/ Red Fox #34  
JESSE1 said:
Those eyes on the fox light up as big as headlights when that spotlight hits them. The coyotes and raccoon's eyes light up but not as big as the fox.

Well, these raccoon eyes are pretty bright. We have a family of five and a single large male that have come to the feeder and got caught by the camera. I think this picture is funny because they are all lined up.

My camera is a Cabelas camera, but it only came with couple of small bungee cords to hang on the tree. It's only about 150 feet from my house, so I can easily keep an eye on it. I wouldn't want to put it out on a deer lease somewhere in the boonies. That's a sure formula for someone to help themself to your camera. :(

Attachments

• CoonsInARow.jpg
    CoonsInARow.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 119
   / Red Fox #35  
You coulda got all those coons with one shot, I recommend a 220 swift,from the prone position.:D :D

/ Red Fox #36  
I would use a .22 short on them coons. Coon pelts are way up. Not what we were getting back in the '80's, but better than nuttin'.
A swift would deflect after the first hit. I'd use the .300 Win mag. for a combo shot.