Photo Posting How To

/ Photo Posting How To #131  
It shows right side up when displayed in a new tab:

2017-08-25 12.02.45.jpg

/ Photo Posting How To #132  
For myself and many other rural types PLEASE keep the files small as many simply don't have hi speed.
Our phone provider only provides dial up service and we have to resort to a private system but even that is limited and extra slow on week ends. (Too many downloading hi def films)

/ Photo Posting How To #133  
For myself and many other rural types PLEASE keep the files small as many simply don't have hi speed.
Our phone provider only provides dial up service and we have to resort to a private system but even that is limited and extra slow on week ends. (Too many downloading hi def films)

That's also the reason to strip the pictures when you click reply with quote.

/ Photo Posting How To #134  

PILOON, you're right. We don't have much wireless coverage in the rural US either. Thanks for the reminder.
rScotty

/ Photo Posting How To #135  
All I know is I like the picture in post 121, I can click on it and see the grasshoppers, it's like the pictures I post. The 131 post at top of page it's already at designated size so it cant be clicked on so I can see the scratches on the tractor, bummer, I like to see the scratches and this that and the other thing.

/ Photo Posting How To #136  
All I know is I like the picture in post 121, I can click on it and see the grasshoppers, it's like the pictures I post. The 131 post at top of page it's already at designated size so it cant be clicked on so I can see the scratches on the tractor, bummer, I like to see the scratches and this that and the other thing.

Sorry that I missed this, but will respond now for future info seekers. If nothing happens when clicked, you can right click the picture, then click "Open image in new tab". There you can zoom in more if needed.

/ Photo Posting How To #137  
Sorry that I missed this, but will respond now for future info seekers. If nothing happens when clicked, you can right click the picture, then click "Open image in new tab". There you can zoom in more if needed.

Sorry I forgot about this thread, yup the right click works-ish, I still prefer thumbnail pictures though........Oh and for me zooming is always needed.

Last edited:
   / Photo Posting How To #138  
KISS -- keep it simple ....

I appreciate all that effort by Grrrr in the early 1/3 or so of this ridiculously long 138 post thread. My comment is that the advice posted by Grrr and most others is just WAY too complex. No need for all that.

1) Go to the icon in your Quick Reply Header in any thread and click on the square one that is called "Insert Image."
2) That brings up a small dialog window that has 2 tabs at the top -- one saying "from computer" and one saying "from URL." Click on "from computer."
3) Then click on "choose file" and find the picture in your pc and double click on it. Finding the picture will mean wading around in the pc to where you have it stored USING THE MECHANISM THAT IS OFFERED TO YOU UNDER CHOOSE FILES. I strongly recommend going and finding the picture you wish to post externally as a side activity before you get into this posting process. That way you know what file name you intend to post, where it is, etc.
4) Finally, after choosing the file, click on "upload File" right below the "Choose files."

I did that twice in order to insert the two images below into this post. Both are between 3 and 4 MB each. Typical of modern digital cameras or cellphones.

You do NOT need to worry about resizing, using Photoshop or some other manipulation software, nor using any of the myriad many places on the web or in specialty places where photos might be stored such as Photobucket, Flickr, Shutterfly or any of that. I am using a PC running Windows 7 and nothing fancy in any respect. The files are automatically resized to fit the TBN mechanisms or if there is an unlikely problem -- it will tell you so.

I do not see how it can get any simpler than this. Works every time. Inserts a medium postage stamp sized thumbnail in the post and a reader can click on that thumbnail to get the full-size rendering on his screen.

For anyone using a dial-up internet service I gingerly choose my words, but -- I do not see how you can use your PC in general or TBN in particular. That is a severe handicap at best.
Suggest getting advice from your local PC assistance source.

Note: when doing as I suggested above, you will only see the text version of reference to an attachment in brackets [ ] for the picture. To see what it will look like in the actual post use "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the screen which will automatically invoke the "preview post." After that you can refine your tentative post, add or subtract whatever you wish and then hit "submit reply" which I just did and now you see it.

Good luck.

P1160607.JPG

P1220580.JPG

/ Photo Posting How To #139  

While this is on my mine/mind and since you seem to have more of a higher tech in-tell than me, maybe you can show tell or explain how to post pictures when I private message someone? A few weeks ago I wanted to send pictures by TBN private message and it's different then it is here, I click on the same icon but the (choose files) option is not there instead I only see this in this first picture............ The 2nd picture is the only way I know and use but that option is not in the private message, remember if you esplain this to me, type slow.

IMG-2283.JPG IMG-2284.JPG

PS I know sometimes people dont notice a post, so no need to apologize, if in 2 months you still haven't noticed this post I'll (private message) you, just with no pictures.

/ Photo Posting How To #140  
PS I know sometimes people dont notice a post, so no need to apologize, if in 2 months you still haven't noticed this post I'll (private message) you, just with no pictures.
:laughing: Now you can send pictures after reading this :D.

You can't send pictures stored in your computer. Your first picture is the only way in a PM. It is used with offsite photo sites, so I have never used it.

But I had an idea, just tried it and it works. If the picture is posted anywhere online, you can open the picture in a new tab, copy the URL and paste it in the box and click OK:

no click.PNG

I just sent you a PM with your chainsaw pictures from the thread you started in the chainsaw forum.

Last edited: