Photo Posting How To

/ Photo Posting How To #31  
Jake,
This is the one I use.
It is a free down load for Windows XP. If you want to resize a picture, you just right mouse click on it and the re-sizer will pop up on the menu. Click it and it will give you an option as to what size you want to re-size it. It saves a copy of the re-sized picture and does not remove your original. If you want to re-size a whole bunch at one time, hi light them all and right mouse click and do then all at once.

Here is the link to it.
Windows Picture Re-Sizer for XP

/ Photo Posting How To #32  
Rob, thanks for that link. I just downloaded it and gave it a try. Really cool!

I was using Picasa (by google). I still use it for photo management and emailing photos, but this will work better for sending to photobucket.

/ Photo Posting How To
Rob, I have that program as well.

The reason that I posted that link was that I thought that if someone did not want to download something it might be useful. Granted you would not want to use it for a lot of pictures.

I also use Pix Resizer which is a bit more powerful in terms of features than the powertoy. It is a good free program.

I also noticed that Photobucket now have a bulk image uploader but I have not had time to look at it yet. Does it mean that you can now upload whole folders.

I have always used this to upload photos to Photobucket. It allows you to use the built in web publisher in XP to send photos to Photobucket. You can let it upload thousands of photos at a time and I think it works much much faster.

/ Photo Posting How To #34  
Jake,
I didn't even know about the bulk image uploader until I read this. LOL ... shows how much attention I pay, huh?:)
I'll check it out, so I don't know what you can do with it yet.

Using that web publishing wizard to upload looks really easy. I'm going to try it next set.
Thanks for bringing it up.

/ Photo Posting How To #36  
Trying an experiment here. Doesn't look like it worked:eek:
C:\CellPhotos\Rainbow2.jpg

/ Photo Posting How To
TrippleT said:
Trying an experiment here. Doesn't look like it worked:eek:
C:\CellPhotos\Rainbow2.jpg
For us to be able to see your photos, you need to have uploaded it to a webserver.

This is because if the image is stored on your C:\ drive and then you turn your computer off we can't see it. (It is not actually that simple, but makes it easy to understand. You may be able to see it because that image is on your computer, but no one else has it on their C:\.)

You need to upload it to a webserver. This is just a technical name for a place to store things so as other people can see them.

This can be done using the TBN servers or Photobucket / Imageshack.

Copied from Post No 4

Grrrr said:
Inserting pictures as attachments using the TBN servers (recommended)

The end result will be like the one at the bottom of this post.
  1. Once you have resized your pictures it is sensible to put them on your desktop or somewhere else where it is easy to find them again.
  2. You then need to write the post that you wish to put the photos in with. Write out the message and then go down to the bottom of the text editor past where it says Submit Post to Manage Attachments.
  3. This will open up a popup. This popup gives you options for uploading your photos. You need to go to the box where it says Upload Files from Your Computer.
  4. In this box, click browse and find the photo on your desktop you want to upload. Then click Open. This will close the box and the path will now be in the text box.
  5. The last step is to click upload. The picture you chose will now be copied to the TBN server.
Thats it, you have uploaded your first picture. If you wish to post more than one picture in the same post you can repeat steps 4 and 5 to upload as many photos as you want.

Once you have finished, you can click on Close this window at the bottom of the popup.

Then click submit as you normally would.

This will make the image appear like the one at the bottom of this post. Have a go and try it for yourself :)

Once you have done this once you will find it easy.

Attachments

• MF135.jpg
    MF135.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 154
   / Photo Posting How To
Rob, I agree that the XP Publisher is really easy to use. Does Photobucket limit you on how many pictures you can store?

I might just go and have a look at the Bulk Uploader now...

/ Photo Posting How To #39  
3RRL said:
Jake,
I didn't even know about the bulk image uploader until I read this. LOL ... shows how much attention I pay, huh?:)
I'll check it out, so I don't know what you can do with it yet.

Using that web publishing wizard to upload looks really easy. I'm going to try it next set.
Thanks for bringing it up.
I really like the photobucket bulk uploader. It lets you select pictures right from your folders and none of the going back and forth with the browse command.

/ Photo Posting How To
I have just had a little experiment with the Bulk Uploader.

First, It takes a while to load so if there is no broadband access it is not much use.

Once it is loaded thought it makes it very easy to browse through the photos on your computer and select which ones you want to upload.

I like the way that you can see the photos in the tray at the bottom and right captions while looking at the photos.

I am also glad that they have made it possible to select the entire contents of a folder with the select all button on the top right.

I like it a lot and will use it. If anyone else uses Photobucket and normally uses the manual browsing for photos method, I suggest you have a go at using the Bulk Uploader some time.