Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118
  1. #81
    Veteran Member rScotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    1,253
    Location
    Rural mountains - Colorado
    Tractor
    Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Each has it's own loader & favorite implements

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Quote Originally Posted by CTMassey View Post
    guess im doing something wrong!
    "How to post pictures?"
    ...........................

    Sure, it'll be my pleasure to show you how to add pictures. Tractorbynet uses a powerful system to upload files and pictures, but it is anything except intuitive. Luckily it is linear...that is, one step follows another and it's easy enough once you do it the first time.


    First step is no different from what you always do. Just click on either "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" which allows you to write a message.
    But then DO NOT click on "submit reply" on the bottom of the screen.

    Instead, look for the other choice at the bottom of the screen which is a box labeled "Go Advanced".
    Click on Go Advanced, and another screen will come up. This advanced screen shows two things: At the top is your message as it would be posted without any changes .....and in an editing box below that the message appears again but with the ability to edit it.

    Scroll down below the editing box to a black line that says" Additional Options". Scroll on down a few more lines and you will find a section labeled "Attachments" and to the right of that is a box that says "Manage Attachments".
    Clicking on the box "Manage Attachments" takes you to yet
    another screen.....this one is called the "File Upload Manager".

    Go over to the right at the top of "File Upload Manager" and click on the box "Add Files", then on the next screen click on "Select Files". Now you in a hopefully familiar browsing box where you can search your own hard drive for pictures. When you find one that you want to upload, highlight it and click "Save" - which immediately takes you back to a little screen where you have the option to "upload files". Do that and then repeat the process of selecting, saving, and uploading as many times as you need to for more pictures.
    When done, go to the bottom of that page and look for a box to click that says "DONE". Do so.

    That will take you back to this page where at the bottom you have the option to see what all you are about to post in the box: "Preview Post"...or if you are confident you have it right (I never am) just hit "Submit Reply".

    You can Preview and modify your Post as many times as you want...There is no limit to using the Preview, text edit box, "Manage Attachments, and then Preview Post over and over again until you are satisfied.

    Helpful Hint: I often highlight the message I'm writing (by holding down the left mouse button and dragging to highlight the text) and then right clicking to bring up the screen that allows me to copy in order to save a copy of my work in the computer's own memory just so I won't lose the entire text if I mess up trying to post something on the forum...as I often do. Saving a copy allows me to recover everything by exiting the forum, re-entering, and using "Control V" to replace my text into the next attempt at a reply. In fact, I've done it several times this morning!! You can save at any time with no consequences.

    So save a copy as I've just said, and then if all is still right and no second thoughts it is time to take the final step: click on "Submit Reply". Be prepared to wait a minute; sometimes the system is slow.
    Enjoy! rScotty
    Pride of place goes to our 2 cylinder John Deer 530. With her QA loader, smooth draft control, telescoping 3 pt arms, pwr steering, clutched PTO, comfortable seat, and remote hydraulics she's as useful today as 50 years ago. There's a Kubota M59 & a JD310SG for TLB work....giving us options on doing heavy jobs.
    We'll not forget Mr. Big & Mrs. Little - 33 & 16 hp Yanmars - now gone, but never forgotten.
    And a line-up of well-used implements that still work better than they look.


  2. #82
    Super Member California's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Location
    Sonoma County
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Well said.

    I'll add how to re-use a picture you already included in a prior TBN post. Sometimes my posts in the Yanmar forum are repetitive as additional new owners arrive and ask about these orphan tractors. I often answer using my own photos that I posted previously.
    (And sometimes repeat information I first learned from rScotty. Thanks! )

    To see the list of pictures you used in prior posts:

    Click 'My Home' in the menu bar at the top of the TBN screen.
    Scroll down to the last item on the left. Click 'Attachments'.

    Find the picture you want and click on it to view it. This will put its URL in the box at the top of your browser. Highlight and copy (Control C) that URL, for later use.

    Then (preferably in a different browser window or tab) open a reply in the thread you are responding to. The Quick Reply box has an 'Insert Image' icon (third from the right) or use the 'Insert Image' icon in the Advanced reply screen. (Second line, sixth from the right.)

    The Insert Image box defaults to 'From (My) Computer' and rScotty described that process. This time you use the other tab, 'From URL'. Un-check 'Retrieve and reference locally' because you want to use your existing copy of your photo, not fetch a copy of it to save again this time. Paste (Control V) the URL you have been saving since you Copied it, back when you viewed the photo.

    Then resume editing your post. I recommend use the Advanced screen so you can review before posting for the world to see.

    And ... more magic. While I described re-using your own uploads, you can use the identical process to insert a photo hosted elsewhere. Highlight the URL elsewhere, Copy that URL, and Paste it in the TBN box the same way. Just hope that the elsewhere host never changes his photo because your post will contain whatever he has at that URL. (Off topic - some Ebay posters deter copy-cat photo users by switching photos after their auction closed. You can imagine...) Or to be safe here, use the 'Retrieve and reference locally' so what shows in your post never changes.

    One advantage of linking to an existing photo hosted here or elsewhere is it appears full size in your post instead of as a tiny thumbnail.


    Below is my scan from the YM240 manual that I have re-used several times after posting it in 2005. I see that others use it too.
    (Off-topic again - rS, my YM240 has the optional jumper so TS also heats in Start position).


  3. #83
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,952
    Location
    limerick pa lycoming county pa
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Bump to keep it up on top.
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!


    https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

  4. #84
    Super Star Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,840
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Practicing


    Photo Posting How To-dsc05967-jpg
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

  5. #85
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,322
    Tractor
    CNH 4020

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    Practicing
    After you get to the advanced box you can do all the scrolling and clicking as described previously, or you can just
    click on the icon I have the arrow pointing to in the attached.

  6. #86
    Super Star Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,840
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerron View Post
    After you get to the advanced box you can do all the scrolling and clicking as described previously, or you can just
    click on the icon I have the arrow pointing to in the attached.
    Cool, thanks!!!! I've used Photobucket for the past few years but my pictures are always large. I figured out how to use TBN's server to post the small pic above. When I tried to do something similar in Photobucket it didn't work so well. If I use their Thumbnail attachment it is small on the screen which is okay. But when I click on the attached photo it takes me to Photobuckets website rather than enlarging the thumbnail which is very time consuming and unnecessary for someone just wanting to get a closer look. Got any ideas what I'm doing wrong there?? I've got hundreds of pics stored on Photobucket and kinda hate to have to restore them into TBNs server.
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

  7. #87
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,322
    Tractor
    CNH 4020

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    Cool, thanks!!!! I've used Photobucket for the past few years but my pictures are always large. I figured out how to use TBN's server to post the small pic above. When I tried to do something similar in Photobucket it didn't work so well. If I use their Thumbnail attachment it is small on the screen which is okay. But when I click on the attached photo it takes me to Photobuckets website rather than enlarging the thumbnail which is very time consuming and unnecessary for someone just wanting to get a closer look. Got any ideas what I'm doing wrong there?? I've got hundreds of pics stored on Photobucket and kinda hate to have to restore them into TBNs server.
    If you look around on the header in "Advanced" you will see other methods of presenting information and links.
    I'm not sure if TBN has a limit on physical size of an image but most folks don't appreciate having an image
    much larger than 800 x 600 pixels max. 640 x 480 was the standard for years and is still a decent presentation without using much bandwidth. A lot of the folks are looking with tablets and smart phones these days
    and scrolling a big pic is not their desire. If you present it as an attachment rather than an embedded image they don't even have to click on the thumbnail to open it if they are not interested.

    I don't now how interested you are in your family security, but remember this is the www. and there are a lot more folks looking at your stuff than those that may reply. Anything posted on here can be found on Google or other search engines almost immediately after your post.

    You have posted your name and state but your license number on the front of your truck gives a lot more info to anyone who is curious, for good or bad reasons.

    Photobucket is a nice cloud service, but be careful of how you have things stored on there if you are going to
    give a path/link to a picture you want to display. You could be opening all 300 of your pictures to the eyes of the world.
    You probably have a copy of the pictures on a local hard drive so it would be better in my opinion, since you need to resize them down, anyway, to do it from your local computer, put the reduced copy in a folder named TBN uploads or whatever you desire, and use the advanced attachment method of TBN's.

    It is all your choice. Just remember, "Once on the Net, always on the net" even if you delete your access to it.

    It is also advisable to remove the EXIF data hidden in your image files before posting. No one needs to know
    that you used a Sony DSC-H20, the date and time of your picture and perhaps the exact coordinates of where you took it from.
    Take it for what it is worth.
    Nice barn, nice equipment, good picture.

  8. #88
    Super Star Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,840
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerron View Post
    If you look around on the header in "Advanced" you will see other methods of presenting information and links.
    I'm not sure if TBN has a limit on physical size of an image but most folks don't appreciate having an image
    much larger than 800 x 600 pixels max. 640 x 480 was the standard for years and is still a decent presentation without using much bandwidth. A lot of the folks are looking with tablets and smart phones these days
    and scrolling a big pic is not their desire. If you present it as an attachment rather than an embedded image they don't even have to click on the thumbnail to open it if they are not interested.

    I don't now how interested you are in your family security, but remember this is the www. and there are a lot more folks looking at your stuff than those that may reply. Anything posted on here can be found on Google or other search engines almost immediately after your post.

    You have posted your name and state but your license number on the front of your truck gives a lot more info to anyone who is curious, for good or bad reasons.

    Photobucket is a nice cloud service, but be careful of how you have things stored on there if you are going to
    give a path/link to a picture you want to display. You could be opening all 300 of your pictures to the eyes of the world.
    You probably have a copy of the pictures on a local hard drive so it would be better in my opinion, since you need to resize them down, anyway, to do it from your local computer, put the reduced copy in a folder named TBN uploads or whatever you desire, and use the advanced attachment method of TBN's.

    It is all your choice. Just remember, "Once on the Net, always on the net" even if you delete your access to it.

    It is also advisable to remove the EXIF data hidden in your image files before posting. No one needs to know
    that you used a Sony DSC-H20, the date and time of your picture and perhaps the exact coordinates of where you took it from.
    Take it for what it is worth.
    Nice barn, nice equipment, good picture.
    Thank you very much for the education. I'm very naive. I don't mean any harm so I assum no one else does.

    I post my pics in bucket that way so all my family and friends can go there and get them if they want. Especially the 4 wheeling pics. How could I control who can access them and who can't?? Right now believe I have everthing set on "public". If I limited that access would all the pics I've posted on TBN disappear?? I've used this method so long now that I'm not sure what changing the access would do.

    Back several years ago it was very easy to attach pics on TBN. When they changed their method, that's when I started posting them from bucket. I was already using it for the wheeling pics anyway.

    Again, thanks for the advice. Feel free to add anything else you think would benefit me in better control of all this.
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

  9. #89
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,322
    Tractor
    CNH 4020

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    Thank you very much for the education. I'm very naive. I don't mean any harm so I assum no one else does.

    I post my pics in bucket that way so all my family and friends can go there and get them if they want. Especially the 4 wheeling pics. How could I control who can access them and who can't?? Right now believe I have everthing set on "public". If I limited that access would all the pics I've posted on TBN disappear?? I've used this method so long now that I'm not sure what changing the access would do.

    Back several years ago it was very easy to attach pics on TBN. When they changed their method, that's when I started posting them from bucket. I was already using it for the wheeling pics anyway.

    Again, thanks for the advice. Feel free to add anything else you think would benefit me in better control of all this.
    I'll send you a PM with some suggestions.

  10. #90
    Super Star Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,840
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: Photo Posting How To

    Am I missing something here. It appears, using the reply to thread icon below, I can simply click on the "insert image" icon above, click on "from computer" icon, select a photo from my computer files, click on upload file and it attaches to the post. See any problems with doing it that way??

    Photo Posting How To-dsc05887-jpg
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.