snow at night --

/ snow at night -- #2  
You didn't get very much snow up your way did you Eric? We had about 6" around noon and I decided to go across the road and get the mail. Well, I didn't know there was an accident behind our house (on the 90) and it was shut down so when I went across to the mail box it was clear. I stood there for at least 5 minutes waiting for all the traffic to clear so I could go back into the house. With as much snow was on the road and my currently dampened reflexes and the amount of tractor trailers I decided to back far enough away from the road that if a car skidded off I would have a chance of escaping. We are still getting hit and will be thru tomorrow. But I am not going to get the mail tomorrow:(

/ snow at night --
Robert_in_NY said:
You didn't get very much snow up your way did you Eric? We had about 6" around noon and I decided to go across the road and get the mail. Well, I didn't know there was an accident behind our house (on the 90) and it was shut down so when I went across to the mail box it was clear. I stood there for at least 5 minutes waiting for all the traffic to clear so I could go back into the house. With as much snow was on the road and my currently dampened reflexes and the amount of tractor trailers I decided to back far enough away from the road that if a car skidded off I would have a chance of escaping. We are still getting hit and will be thru tomorrow. But I am not going to get the mail tomorrow:(

dayum, rob't -- you did get yourself a hit there -- !!

i just checked the forecast -- i'm not even sure how to respond to this -- :|

Tonight

Heavy lake effect snow shifting south from the Boston Hills. Total accumulation up to 15 inches in most persistent bands. Lows 10 to 15. Light winds. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

/ snow at night -- #4  
Glad my home base is north of the city, we had about 1 inch today and now have a total of 2" on the ground.

/ snow at night -- #5  
I am not complaining by any means (well, if I would have been hit by a stray motorist then maybe), we have had a great winter so far. The mexicans finished trimming the vineyard today and are going to trim all the apple trees since I am not able to right now. Those guys are great. I can not speak spanish but they have one to two guys usually there who can interpret. But they are fast and honest. We do not even dicker with them on their price as they are more then fair in what they charge. I ought to ask them if they want to stack hay this summer if they are not busy with the farmer they normally work for.

So I kind of went on a tangent there didn't I:rolleyes:

By the way, I do like your house. You need to get some snow pics of it in the day time now:)

/ snow at night -- #6  
Afternoon Erik,
Well Im an absolute fan of Gustav Stickley and all mission period furniture pieces !!!

BTW, my first thoughts looking at those pictures, were flashbacks to the movie "The Shining " starring none other than Jack Nicholson ! ;) :)

Thanks !