• Shipshewana-47.jpg
    Shipshewana-47.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Shipshewana-51.jpg
    Shipshewana-51.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 430
   / A Few From Amishland #2  
Rob,

Those are some very nice pictures:) . They would make great photos to hang on the wall or postcards!!

/ A Few From Amishland #3  
Nice job on the photos, I enjoy the Amish except, when they are in their buggies in front of me, on the road, in traffic.:eek: Then not so much.

/ A Few From Amishland #4  
Very professional!!!! I love the cat in the doorway...

/ A Few From Amishland
Hey, thanks guys. And HunterRidge, I actually showed these last night at my camera club competition. Had a difficult judging panel, all graphic artists. No one did well which is unusual as we have a number of very talented photographers in the club. A couple of them are on my wall as we speak.

I know what you mean about the Amish on the roads Ray, but on a Sunday morning wander-about, I didn't mind one bit. I don't have to contend with them on my normal commute.

I intend to get out this spring and shoot some horse-drawn plowing. It does amaze me what these people accomplish.

/ A Few From Amishland #6  
As a veteran of photography contests, I found its not always about the photo or the print, sometimes its about politics.
The best part of being an amateur is you only have yourself to please. This fact is missed immediately upon going pro.
Screw 'em, if it looks good it is good.:)

/ A Few From Amishland #7  
Nice pictures really enjoyed them. We have a place in the upstate New York and many Ohio Amish families have moved in over the past few years. One nice thing is how they have reclaimed farmland and how productive the land is.

Just about every place has a veggie garden and is selling stuff all summer long. Then there are the baked goods and what have you at the stands. Many carpenters around too and they will work for you (plus they will use the power tools if you have them) at a fair price.

Each of us to our own, but I for one have enjoyed our new neighbors. Oh and the fertilizer along side the road is helpful too!

Wayne

/ A Few From Amishland #10  
Great pics, Rob!!!
Thank you very much!

The buggy pic was especially nice (so was the corn pic).

I see that buggy has lights on it. We have a lot of Amish folks around here. I'm seeing the buggies also have lights (waiting to see one lit up like some tractor-trailer guys do!). It took a lot of convincing to get those lights installed..and a lot of accidents.