Cabin Pictures

/ Cabin Pictures #1  

Coyote

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2000B & Skat Trak 1300D skid steer
Took a couple of shots of my cabin getaway this weekend. It is a stick built "dutch barn". I modified existing plans, raising the wall height, adding windows, and deeper lofts. Sleep "upstairs" in the lofts, with open floor space below, cabin is 12' X 20' built for a serious low budget! Great little spot beside my creek.

Attachments

• Cabin 003sm.jpg
    Cabin 003sm.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Cabin 017sm.jpg
    Cabin 017sm.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 2,303
   / Cabin Pictures #2  
Nice place you have there, Don't let the kids know about it :eek:

Jim
:)

/ Cabin Pictures #3  
Coyote said:
Took a couple of shots of my cabin getaway this weekend. It is a stick built "dutch barn". I modified existing plans, raising the wall height, adding windows, and deeper lofts. Sleep "upstairs" in the lofts, with open floor space below, cabin is 12' X 20' built for a serious low budget! Great little spot beside my creek.

Leaves on the tree's in February?

I do like the cabin idea though.

/ Cabin Pictures
ByronBob said:
Leaves on the tree's in February?

Good catch! I picked up an old file from my hard drive, these were taken earlier in summer!

/ Cabin Pictures #6  
Looks real cozy!!! Are you going to insulate it? I bet with some insulation that it won't take much to heat or cool it.

Eddie

/ Cabin Pictures #7  
What a timely post. I am also going to add a "bunk house" dutch cabin 12X16 with loft. Under the loft I'll add a 6' bathroom and 6' kitchenette.
Tiny houses = tiny taxes. The real room is the great outdoors.:D

/ Cabin Pictures #8  
That's a nice size for a cabin. I bought a 24x24 portable building that was in two 12x24 half-sections like a double-wide. I finished mine out pretty nicely and then lived in it while I had my house built. Now it's full of "stuff.":rolleyes:

Do you have a berm of dirt behind your cabin? It looks like some of the berms on Eddie Walker's place from when the US Army owned the property.

/ Cabin Pictures
Did you make the chairs?

Nope, the Amish did!

/ Cabin Pictures
The cabin is set down in a little creek valley. The creek runs about 10 ft from the front door. Everybody said I was crazy, but being down there keeps it cool in the summer time! It's off the grid, runs on 12V. I did break down and put a small window AC and Honda baby generator a couple of years ago for the occassional muggy august night in NC.

jinman said:
That's a nice size for a cabin. I bought a 24x24 portable building that was in two 12x24 half-sections like a double-wide. I finished mine out pretty nicely and then lived in it while I had my house built. Now it's full of "stuff.":rolleyes:

Do you have a berm of dirt behind your cabin? It looks like some of the berms on Eddie Walker's place from when the US Army owned the property.