ATV Ride

/ ATV Ride #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
Put 30 miles on my ATV this past weekend. It wasn't too bad Friday but got quite cold Saturday. Had a great couple days off...It was really icy under the thin crust of snow. ;)

Cabinquad2-09-2007031.jpg

Cabinquad2-09-2007061.jpg

Cabinquad2-09-2007029.jpg

/ ATV Ride #2  
Man you just don't know how I wish that snow was here! The money I could make with my tractor!!!

/ ATV Ride
Sell some of your sand to us up here in the North and you'll be rich...We need the traction..:)

/ ATV Ride #4  
Nothing like a good run on the quad on a cool, crisp day. I was out on the weekend also, put about 20 miles on my Arctic Cat. There was about a foot of snow in the woods, we got another foot today so I won't be going anywhere soon.

Harvey

/ ATV Ride
It's nice not having to worry about the bugs hitting you in the face like during the summer.. I miss my old Quad with the handgrip warmers. Have to get another pair for this Quad for the cold weather rides. Nothing like the sound of squeaking snow under the tires, A foot is about the max to have fun in. Two feet and if you lose momentum you're screwed..You have to wait till the next thaw!!:)

/ ATV Ride #6  
johnk said:
It's nice not having to worry about the bugs hitting you in the face like during the summer.. I miss my old Quad with the handgrip warmers. Have to get another pair for this Quad for the cold weather rides. Nothing like the sound of squeaking snow under the tires, A foot is about the max to have fun in. Two feet and if you lose momentum you're screwed..You have to wait till the next thaw!!:)

Without the warmers how do you keep that thumb from freezing! I did a bunch of winter riding, but now I put the bikes up as soon as it turns cold and we get the first snow.

/ ATV Ride
Get a good pair of Gortex insulated gloves and if thats not enough they sell thumb warmers that go on the throttle.....The thumb is the hardest part to keep warm...

/ ATV Ride #8  
Looks fun and I'm looking to buy an ATV also because we just don't have the winters here we used to. I love snowmobiling but it's hard having the sleds sit there all year long for nothing.

An ATV is so much more practical to play on.

/ ATV Ride
Byron bob, You said it all with this statement

An ATV is so much more practical to play on!! You can use it year round. Pulling trees out of the woods. Cruising your property or just having fun.. I love my ATV and so does my son. He sold his Sled for the same reason. Quite limited usage if no snow.... If you buy an ATV BYRON drop me a message as your not to far from me and we'll put some miles on them atv's. You can legally ride on the roads by my cabin as long as you have insurance, registration and a Helmet!

John