Local Deer

/ Local Deer #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
This guy has been hanging around lately, with a broken leg.

Attachments

• Deer-7.jpg
    Deer-7.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 632
   / Local Deer #2  
Great clear picture, wonder what her survival odds are with a broken leg, even though it is getting to the end of the winter, probably not to high. A little gaunt, but still looks fairly healthy.

/ Local Deer
I was thinking of putting out some hay for him (her?). I'm sure the coyotes will take care of it at some point but I do like the photo-ops in the meantime.

/ Local Deer #4  
Contact your local game warden. He should be put down. That would be more humane compared to what he will be facing.:(

/ Local Deer #5  
weldingisfun said:
Contact your local game warden. He should be put down. That would be more humane compared to what he will be facing.:(

I can't help but think that this is the cycle of life. And if the coyotes get it then so be it. Other than the limp leg, this deer looks good for this time of the year.

/ Local Deer #6  
RobS said:
I was thinking of putting out some hay for him (her?). I'm sure the coyotes will take care of it at some point but I do like the photo-ops in the meantime.

Last year, we had a one-legged wild turkey we nicknamed Pogo. Pogo lasted for a long time, jumping along on one leg with the rest of the flock, but finally disappeared. This year we have another turkey hen with a broken leg. We named her Hop-along. So far, Hop-along is still surviving.:)

/ Local Deer #7  
I had a lame doe coming on my land every year for about three years. Her rear leg was bad. She would stand with all four legs but ran with three. She was a mean one. Any time another doe came close, she would rear up and kick with the good leg. Deer are a bit scarce this year.

/ Local Deer
Another pic of our deer from tonight...

Attachments

• Deer-32.jpg
    Deer-32.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 373
   / Local Deer #9  
I have one young buck thats been around since last year and he is missing a part of his rear leg. Gets around pretty good though. Also have a doe with a lame rear leg, but she is fat and gets around pretty well also. Not too much predation (except from me), so these deer last longer than I would have thought. I think most of the injuries here are from deer-car collisions.

/ Local Deer #10  
Here's the injured buck and of injured doe.

Attachments

• PIC0098.JPG
    PIC0098.JPG
    790.6 KB · Views: 364
  • PIC0217.JPG
    PIC0217.JPG
    721.1 KB · Views: 313