PIG!

/ PIG! #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
Was browsing through my critter-cam pictures this last weekend and suddenly realized we have a new visitor to our feeder. DANG!:mad: This is the first time I've seen a feral pig on my place, ever. Unless this is another neighbor's pig that got out of it's pen, I may just be doing some early evening hunting. I think if it was a domestic pig, it would have come out in the daylight instead of waiting just until after dark. This timeframe makes me think this is a wild pig.

My wife talked to the game warden yesterday. She (the game warden is a woman) said that pigs are free game that don't even require a hunting license to shoot. They are such a problem, all rules are off.

Attachments

• Pig.jpg
    Pig.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 754
   / PIG! #5  
Hi Jim,
Well, you can add that to the menu now.:)
Out here we need a hunting license and a tag but they are open year 'round with no limit. I've got a herd that lives near the river but they haven't shown themselves on my property yet. Only a couple spots at the very SouthWest corner. I set a game camera up like you did, but never did get a shot of one, although they rooted all over.
I too was hoping to put one on the menu this year.

/ PIG! #6  
I've only seen wild pig once, it was on a plate :D . Pretty good too!

/ PIG! #8  
Jim,

Keep feeding him and after awhile, he/she will start coming in earlier and earlier. Once they hit our feeder, it's just a waiting game until this happens. Right now, we have them rooting around in the woods real heavily.

Steph has killed five so far and is ready for number 6.

Eddie

Attachments

• Her Fourth Kill, 28 April 2007.jpg
    Her Fourth Kill, 28 April 2007.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Her third hog, 20 Aug 2006.jpg
    Her third hog, 20 Aug 2006.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 361
   / PIG! #10  
My lifetime accomplishment is that I have taken five with a knife.

Maybe another 4 or 5 with a rifle, but that is a lot easier.

I gave up on the knife when i turned 50...

(There is a trick to it, I used to go with a guide who had dogs. The dogs stop the pig while you run up & stab it. It is best to wait until a dog on the opposite side bites it and distracts its attention while you stab it.)