big fish

/ big fish #1  

jimmoore

Platinum Member
Tractor
05 CASE IH D35 W/FEL
here is a picture of a 68 pound flat head catfish that my Neighbors Jack Carter and Oz Watkins caught in a hoop net this morning.

Attachments

• 35-135467-bigfish1.JPG
    35-135467-bigfish1.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 126
   / big fish
Another

Attachments

• 35-135469-bigfish2.JPG
    35-135469-bigfish2.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 116
   / big fish #3  
Wow, what a catfish!! I assume that will be good eating or will it be mounted? (Perhaps you can tell I'm not a fisherman /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

/ big fish
Gonna be thrown into a big pot of boiling peanut oil. Yum Yum

/ big fish
Harv, they said they had a hard time getting it out of the net. I ask them how they kept it in the boat until they got back to the landing and they said that they threw an old jacket over it and sat astraddle of of it till they could land.

/ big fish #7  
god thats an ugly fish! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ big fish #8  
Jim,your neighbors must have a Commercial Fishing License.Here in the state of Missouri Commercial Fisherman can no longer net Catfish in the Missouri River.A friend of mine who is an avid "Big Cat Man" says it won't be long and there will be once again some 70-90 lb. Catfish crusing around!!!

/ big fish #9  
When they are that large and old, are they any good to eat?
I sure enjoy the smaller ones.
PJ

/ big fish #10  
Nice catch! I love to fish for Flathead in the James River here in Va. I've seen ones caught that size but the biggest I've been able to muster was 25 lbs...big enough! If I had to pull one in that size I would have to stop and rest occasionally!

<font color=blue>...Fisherman can no longer net Catfish</font color=blue>

I assume this was caught with rod and reel and the net was used only to boat it?