New family member

/ New family member #1  

scgargoyle

Gold Member
I acquired this little Cub Cadet Original over the weekend. Just a toy to ride around at tractor shows!
CCO2.jpg

/ New family member #2  
pretty:)

I am glad you dont force the old man to do more work:)

/ New family member #3  
Kohler engine? I think most of the old CCs had Kohlers. It's very nice looking and built like a tank. I'd bet the original front tires weren't like the ones on it now.

/ New family member #4  
Nice!!

Looks WAY easier to work on comnpared to modern stuff...

~paul

/ New family member #5  
Looks like fun SC ! My feelings are hurt though....I've got to find out about this on a public forum! :confused: What gives man?

/ New family member
Hey- Tony's still around! Been meaning to send you pics- didn't think you'd be into antique garden tractors that much. Yes, the older CC's all have Kohlers- this one is a 7 hp, and appears to be original. The front tires are wrong- I think they originally came with a round shouldered turf tire, but I'm not going to be able to find those. Most people run turf tires front and rear. I've been looking for an 'Original' for several years now, so I'm pretty excited!

/ New family member #7  
A real beauty but looks like it would be hard on the butt. We had a Ferguson 30 with the same style seat.

/ New family member #8  
Good Afternoon Scgargoyle,
Beautiful little tractor, I bought the padded replacement seats for my old Farmalls, lots easier on the butt ! ;) :)

/ New family member
Actually, it had a padded seat, but it was red and white, and in rough shape. They have nice yellow and white ones available- I'll probably get one of those.

/ New family member #10  
Here's my 1966 JD 110H. She's a little dirty because she still works around the house. It has the fire breathing 8 hp K-181 Kohler motor.

Honestly, I like yours better. Your engine is oriented the "right" way, and your transaxle is a chassis stress member just like a big tractor. I assume you have the 7 hp K-161 Kohler?

Do you know what year it is?

Attachments

• jd110d.jpg
    jd110d.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 123