Last Swim

/ Last Swim #1  

WayneB

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
We were at camp last week and closed down on Monday. Sunday afternoon was just a great day so my son decided to take one last dip. Water was above 40 degrees

DSCN0925.jpg

This is his second dive into the water

DSCN0926.jpg

Picture of the leaves on the far side.

DSCN0818.jpg

/ Last Swim #2  
Those are nice pictures. :D:D

The "Other side Leaves" one could sit and watch forever.:D [screensaver]

/ Last Swim #3  
Mornin Wayne,
Beautiful fall shots !!! The water temp in Lake St Katherine last weekend was 60, just a bit nippy ! ;):)

/ Last Swim #4  
Beautiful area, but water that cold is too much for me. No way in the world would that be fun. Heck, it's in the 80's here every day, and that's too cool for swimming!!!!

Thanks for the pics,
Eddie

/ Last Swim #5  
Beautiful area, but water that cold is too much for me. No way in the world would that be fun. Heck, *it's in the 80's here every day, and that's too cool for swimming!!!!

Thanks for the pics,
Eddie
I've never seen it warm enough to swim anywhere no matter how hot it is.

/ Last Swim
Well, it was a bit warmer than 40 I would think closer to 55 but still a bit on the cool side.

Hey Eddie, no snakes in that water!

Colors were very nice, but we all know what comes next!

Scotty coming through Vermont yesterday was really beautiful too. Watching the leaves come off the trees here in NH isn't all that much fun, knowing we will have to rake them up pretty soon.

Wayne

/ Last Swim #7  
40's! YIKES. Where's the emoticon for cold and shivering??? :p

Beautiful pictures, though. :eek:

/ Last Swim
The water really isn't that bad in October. Last year on the last day of October I was at camp to take out the dock and we had about 4 inches of snow on the ground and also on the dock. I slipped and went in with all of my cloths on including winter coat. Very cold and the thing I was most worried about was my glasses, didn't lose them!

We have neighbors that live there year around and they established a routine where they go swimming every month. Last year they only missed February because the power ice auger was broken and they could not cut through the thick ice.

Now that water is right at or below the freezing point. Once in the heart sort-of misses a beat or two and once out is quickly get to a warm spot!

/ Last Swim #9  
Aw heck, just climb into a sauna for a while and get nice and warm. Then go for the dip. The water will feel feel nice and warm He what!:D

/ Last Swim #10  
One year, I think it was 1999 or 2000 I had this routine to swim in the open once a month for the whole year. Typically on my way to work I would stop for a swim in Potomac, it was quite doable.

My last swim, AFAIR was in January and I did it on Maryland beach January 1st in the time of sunrise. The good thing was I was the only person on the beach and I could do without swimming trunks. The bad thing was the wind and the sticky salty water.