East Arkansas rice paddy

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #1  

jimmoore

Platinum Member
Tractor
05 CASE IH D35 W/FEL
Skeeter time again. The rice is up and the tail water will stand in ditches outside the fields and raise clouds of mosqitoes. Anyone got a large can of OFF?

Attachments

• 35-144527-ricepaddy.JPG
    35-144527-ricepaddy.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 226
   / East Arkansas rice paddy #2  
Too bad you can't put a light coating of oil on that water. That stops the buggers from coming out an going airborne. I wonder if vegitable oil would work?

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #3  
You could have purple martins as big as turkeys with a buffet that big!

/ East Arkansas rice paddy
Pete, they have to have the water running thru the field at a slow rate to keep it from becoming stagnat, so anything you put in would be flushed out pretty quick.

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #5  
Thats a new one on me, never knew they had rice paddys in Arkansas. Very pretty even if the mosqitoes eat you alive.
PJ

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #6  
How do they harvest the rice w/out getting there equipment stuck??

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #7  
You don't live far from my sister's place in Wynn.
You did not tell everyone that in AR they name their ditches!!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
passing jim ditch
passing moore ditch
passing smith ditch
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #8  
Would that be like - passing gas ditch/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
PJ

/ East Arkansas rice paddy
David, I live 30 west of Wynne on highway 64. I take the grandkids roller skating at wynne quite often.
Thomas, sometimes they do get the combine stuck BIG TIME, but they drain the paddy and let it dry out before harvest.

/ East Arkansas rice paddy #10  
Jim -
Looks like some good duck huntin' country /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.