The Polar Express

/ The Polar Express #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
OK, it's not a tractor, but it's made of iron and makes a lot of noise! My son and I drove to Owasso, MI today to see the Polar Express. It's actually the Pere Marquette #1225 but it was the prototype for the animation in the movie. The weather was brutal but we had a fun day.

440666588_kTdkG-L.jpg

Last edited:
   / The Polar Express #2  
OK, it's not a tractor, but it's made of iron and makes a lot of noise! My son and I drove to Owasso, MI today to see the Polar Express. It's actually the Pierre Marquette #1225 but it was the prototype for the animation in the movie. The weather was brutal but we had a fun day.

440666588_kTdkG-L.jpg

That's a great shot!!

-J.

/ The Polar Express #3  
Great Shot. Wish I could have been there. I will drive way "out of my way" to see Steam Engines. I love them. Terry

/ The Polar Express #6  
Do they offer rides? How much if so?
Thanks for braving the weather, beautiful shot!

/ The Polar Express #7  
Very cool picture, thanks

/ The Polar Express #8  
Very "COOL"

Thanks for posting the picture, there's no way that I'd want to be there to see it in person. Looks way too cold!!

Eddie

/ The Polar Express #9  
wow, looks like an image out of the actual book!

it seems as technology changes, there is something intrinsic that is lost.......not sure how to explain it.......i'm sure the next generation will say the same things....

/ The Polar Express #10  
Great photo! My wife, 4 children and I have gone on the "Polar Express" that our town puts on for the last 2 years. You ride the train through a valley to a local small town were people are dressed like elves, shops are decorated with "the North Pole, etc" It is a great ride and the kids love it. Santa comes on board and gives them a bell, they get cookies and hot chocolate...great time. They know it is not the "real" one but still never blink the entire trip. I will show them this pic...but not the whole story of course!. Thanks
Peter