Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Any Chisholm Ryder Grape Harvester owners?

ok. i will keep looking for specs

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Duetz DX3.70, Fendt 305LSA,260S & 205P,Kubota B6100E & 3 x B5100E & RTV900, Caterpillar 428C

Finally recieved specs for the Chisholm Ryder OWC hydraulic pump from Parker (Commercial) representatives in Australia.

The pump was a P37X with capacities as follows;
    Front section (picking head) is 61cc or 30.5 lpm @ 500rpm.
    Middle section (suction fans) 86cc or 43 lpm @ 500rpm.
    Rear section (conveyors) 61cc as per front sec.

I'm told this pump is superceded by a P350 with capacities to be specified by customer. I found this pump on the Parker website but it is only listed there as a tandem pump.

While I've not yet recieved final pricing from a couple Parker dealers in Australia indications are around AU$3500 compared to a price from DW Motor Machine in WA. USA of USD233.

When you add freight and exchange rates to the US price it becomes clear that I'm better off buying in Oz. I also think I'd rather buy new than the 2000hr unit advertised on ebay in the US.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Duetz DX3.70, Fendt 305LSA,260S & 205P,Kubota B6100E & 3 x B5100E & RTV900, Caterpillar 428C

Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    compared to a price from DW Motor Machine in WA. USA of USD233.
    Sorry the price above was meant to be USD2332

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

I am glad you found the information on the pump you were looking for. Hopefully having it posted on here will help others in the future when they run a search.

Tractor
    Pellenc, Nairn, AGH, Littau

We stock a lot of parts for Chishlom Ryder, so if you other questions or need quotes for parts let me know and maybe I can help.

VineTech Equipment

Tractor

Glad to see another grape guy on here. Welcome to TBN

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by grantd View Post
    We stock a lot of parts for Chishlom Ryder, so if you other questions or need quotes for parts let me know and maybe I can help.

VineTech Equipment
    I notice on your website that you are also Nairn dealers. Are they still in business?

I haven't seen or heard much of them in Australia for several years, their website hasn't been updated either.

I hope they're still in business, they produced quality at an affordable price.

Tractor
    Pellenc, Nairn, AGH, Littau

They are definately still in business, but I know there business has gone down lately. I think they have only imported 2 machines to North America in the last couple years. We usually sell a new every couple years. We used to sell multiple ones per year. It is definately a good machine and built to last. But with exchange rate, it has made it more difficult for North America sales. We sell a lot of parts to the existing Nairn population. I think we have about 60 in Washington state.

www.vinetechequipment.com
    Last edited by grantd; 02-28-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Tractor
    chisholm ryder

Chisholm Ryder Grape harvester parts are available through my business, KEN Manufacturing. Some parts are custom built and I do have sources for purchase parts - feel free to contact me via e-mail: kim4260neff@gmail.com or by phone: 814-572-9210. Thanks - Scott Neff

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 60, 3020, 2030, 2240, 2640, Farmall A

Man, another Chisholm Ryder post! =D

I haven't been around for a while, busy, busy. I have an old CR. I posted about it some time ago. Actually just doing some repairs to get back to harvesting- still have grapes on the vine.

I'll have to venture to Vine Tech....since we're both in the same area.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast